cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

New Netgem 4 K box

Kristen1975
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

hi

i have just received the new netgem box, and have found that is is not as good as the youview box, you can only record one channel , not 2 at the same time as the youview does, and also have to buy a USB pen to record.  Can i keep my youview box and use the new Net gem in another room ?

not happy with the switch at all, was offered it when i renewed my contract, dont need a new box

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi

You can use the netgem box in another room, as it will connect via wifi.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Kristen1975
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 4

Hi Karl

with streaming you get all the ads unless you pay for ad free , so the new Netgem box can this be used in another room for streaming purposes?

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 4

Hi

You can keep hold of the youview box.

With more content being online and more streaming services available the need to record is waning. The new 4K TV box will not only allow you to stream content but also has some exclusive channels that are unique to this box.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes