cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

New talktalk tv hub not 4K UHD.

vauxman
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 24 of 24

so i have received my new replacement tv box as itv x no longer available on my original youview box,

tried everything to get BBC iPlayer to show 4K UHD content but doesn't, i'm convinced these boxes are NOT 4K UHD compliant!

0 Likes
23 REPLIES 23

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 21 of 24

Btw, I've assumed as you are asking that the TV is a 4k one, as the box sets the output according to the information the TV sends on set up, so it may not send or find UHD content if the TV is incompatible.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

Message 22 of 24

Yes I can @Karl-TalkTalk 

Might be worth checking the iPlayer settings are set to best quality (I think this needs to be done by device and may not be an account level option).

Also, I had to change my HDMI input settings to UHD on both sound and vision, (changing one changed the other) as some TVs are automatic on picking up UHD devices and others require them manually set. Once I set mine I then found the colours to be too bright and adjusted the colour too to reflect my personal preference. Changing for this input did not affect any other HDMI input.

Hope this helps @vauxman 

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 23 of 24

Hi

UHD Content is working ok on my box here.

@fr8ys  - your box is relatively new, if you get a min, can you see if you can select any UHD Content from I player.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes