cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

No ITVX or 4onDemand on TV Hub

CraigTalk
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 15

Hello all, I've just signed up to Talk Talk TV. I've noticed the ITVX and 4onDemand apps on aren't the featured apps and can't seem to be downloaded, yet I can watch shows on ITVX and 4 if I search for them on the search bar. 

Any suggestions on how I can access the actual players/apps?

Many thanks.

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

Hi

Do you have an aerial connected to the box ?

Does the standard ITV (Channel 3 ) work ok ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 15

Doesn't seem any work around.

I've tried all the steps and no joy. I gave it an extra couple of days to try. I plan on cancelling tomorrow as I'm within my cooling off period.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 15

Hi Erflowers,

Please can you create your own topic and we'd be happy to look into this further for you.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 4 of 15

I have tried resetting again as suggested but still these 2 apps are missing ( see attached photo) 

Also the TV hub is up to date. 

Any other ideas?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 15

Hi

Also, go to the Settings > Device Preferences > About > System Update

Make sure your box is fully updated.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 15

Hi

ITV X cannot be installed from the play store but is set as a system app.

When you press the blue Home button on the remote, this should then show under featured apps as below :

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 7 of 15

I did that last night and threes no option to install these apps.id love to continue using it. Can you provide screenshots of where to find them?  This is the newest TV hub

The play store says ITVX not supported on this device yet it's advertised as having it.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 15

Hi

You do have to return the TV Hub if you cancel.

Have you tried the factory reset process I mentioned earlier.

I have performed the reset process on my TV Hub as a test and can see ITVX listed in the featured apps.

Karl

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 9 of 15

No All4 for me too. I can watch certain All4 and itvX programmes but I can't access the Apps to watch what I want or watch live. 

Very frustrated as I have wasted a lot of time trying to fix it. Anyone know if we have to send back the TV hub?

0 Likes

Message 10 of 15

Yep, I'm cancelling too. Tomorrow.

No ITVX or All4.

0 Likes

Erflowers
Repeat Guest
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 15

I have this exact same problem and it's driving me mad. I've asked to cancel the service as it's useless to me without ITVX

0 Likes

Message 12 of 15

Hi

These are usually installed as system apps, so you would not be able to download separately, but if content from the apps is playing when searched, this would mean they they are installed, just not showing for some reason under the apps rail.

You might need to try a factory reset to see if these show.

To do this, you need to unplug the power cord out the back of the box.  In my case I need to remove the HDMI on my box as it seems to keep a slight power to the box.  

Hold down the button on the front of the box, insert the power cable, and the android recovery menu should appear.

You can use the remote to select the reset option.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 13 of 15

Thanks for replying but they're not there. BBC and 5 are both there (Netflix, Prime and NOW too) but not ITVX or 4.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 14 of 15

Hi

If you Select the Apps option then scroll down further, can you see these in the list of installed apps.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes