cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

Sky Sports boost

Dave 68
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 29 of 29

Today I sdded added Sky Sports boost to my package. I then received an e mail from Talktalk saying that my Now Sky sports boost was up and running and I was to access the Now site to proceed. However when I do that, I receive the message from Now that says “ it looks like you don’t have an active membership.”

Could  someone please advise me  how to obtain Sky spots on Talktalk tv at the advertised fee of £20/ month.

0 Likes
28 REPLIES 28

Message 1 of 29

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 29

Thanks for the update Karl, and also thank you for your ongoing help.

I shall patiently await any news on the problem.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 29

Hi

There is an investigation ongoing. Our teams have checked everything out here and all looks as it should.  Our vendor has checked the platform and verified that all orders etc have gone through as they should and can't see any issues so they are talking to the tech teams over at Sky who are now looking at this from their side to see why this is not working.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 29

Hi Karl

I was just wondering if you had any news from the TV teams.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 29

Hi

If you cancel the boost , it will not cancel immediately as NOW bill in advance, so the product wold remain active on your account until the end of the billing cycle, so about 28 days from now.

Karl

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 6 of 29

Karl,

would it help if I went into my Talktalk account and deleted my Skysports boost.

I could then add the boost to my account again and start the whole process from scratch.

Just a thought.

l

0 Likes

Message 7 of 29

Hi

I'll ask our TV Teams if they have an answer for this one.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 8 of 29

Yes have carried out a thorough check on them all. Still no sign.

If it is any help I did receive an e mail from Talktalk last Friday to say that my sports application had been activated and that I could now access  Sky sports on any application that contained the NOW app. There was no mention of clicking on anything to activate it.

However when I tried to access Sport I was told that I didn’t have a NOW membership in place. Which takes us back to the beginning of this query.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 29

Hi

Have you checked all folders, junk folders, deleted items etc.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 10 of 29

Hi Karl,

have logged into my Now account and accessed my e mail on the same device but there is no sign of my Now TV activation e mail.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 29

Hi

If you can log into your NOW TV Account, then on the same device, access your email nd see if you have the NOW TV Activation email, click on the link in the email and see if this applies to your current NOW TV account.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 12 of 29

Hi Karl

I did as you suggested, and as I proceeded to set up an account, it told me that I already had an account registered to that e mail address. I then went back and logged in using my e mail address but the Sky Sports offer was listed at £26/month rather than the Talktalk boost Sky sports offer of £20/month.

If it not possible to obtain Sky sports boost at the Talktalk offer of £20/ month I think I shall just give up and cancel my Talktalk sports boost request.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 29

Hi

Go to the Now TV website, create an account. 

When asked which product you want to choose, scroll down and choose the Hayu 7 day free trial. 

This will allow you to create the account without paying anything. 

I can then send an activation email and see if this is activated for you.

You can always cancel the Hayu free trial if not required.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 14 of 29

P.S.      I don’t have a Now tv account in place as I can’t do so without paying a fee of £26.

0 Likes

Message 15 of 29

Hello Karl, 

when I access the NOW tv website via your link it asks me to select my choice of membership. Having done that, it takes me through the process of signing up for membership with, in the case of Sky sports, a request for payment of £26/month.

I would then be unable to proceed without paying this amount by card.

0 Likes

Message 16 of 29

Hi

If you go to the NOW TV website -  www.nowtv.com directly and sign into your account with your community email, what does it show.   

Don't log in via an app, go directly on the website to make sure that any app is not using different details.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 17 of 29

Hi Karl

when attempting to set up a Now TV account I do use the same e mail address that I use for the community.

0 Likes

Message 18 of 29

Hi

Can you confirm, when you go to the NOW TV website, that you sign into your NOW TV account with the email address you use for this community, the one shown on your 'Community Profile' .

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 19 of 29

Hi Karl,

when I try to access Sky Sports on the Now app. I still get the message that says—- It looks like you are not a member, go to Now and sign up to your account .When I do so they want me to pay a subscription of £26/month to sign up.

When I signed up to the Talktalk Sky sports boost,  it was offered at £20/month and I assumed that I would be charged for it via my Talktalk monthly account. 
If that is not possible and I have to pay £26/ month, I would rather not proceed and would like my Talktalk boost request at £20/ month withdrawn.

0 Likes

Message 20 of 29

Hi Dave68

I'm showing the Now Sports option has been activated.

Can you check if you are signing into your NOW TV account with the same email address you use for TalkTalk , that same email address that is on your 'Community Profile' .

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes