cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

Software update server down (DN372T)

Futaura
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 7

One of the key servers (files.cdn.talktalk.net) that is involved in issuing software to the DN372T boxes is down.

The following file is requested by DN372T boxes http://pcds.vlx.tv.talktalk.net/cds/from_huawei/PVR2_DN372T/Huawei_DN372T_B48SP91_Release_20200512/P... when attempting to update from an old software version or when using "Internet/USB Recovery" mode from the maintenance menu. The site fails to respond to the HTTP request, causing the operation to hang or error.

Please could an OCE investigate this so it can be remedied?

TalkTalk customer since June 2008 - Software Developer since 1991 - General Tech Expert
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Futaura
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 7

As mentioned in my previous message, I noticed the changes on Friday morning. I can confirm that the updates are now fully operational and are working normally again, including "Internet/USB Recovery" in maintenance mode. 👍

TalkTalk customer since June 2008 - Software Developer since 1991 - General Tech Expert
0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Hi

I have had an email back on friday asking you to retest, so they did something on there end.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Futaura
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 7

Have they let you know yet, Karl? I only ask because your action did the trick, as I can see that they've fixed it! 😄

The files.cdn.talktalk.net / pcds.vlx.tv.talktalk.net server hasn't been restored, but the location has now been changed at http://su.tv.talktalk.net/huawei/DN372T.01.P/001/standard/manifest.xml?serial=1234 which now points to cdn-talktalktv.talktalkgroup.com instead and the missing software for the DN372T (DN370T and DN360T software is there too) was uploaded there at 4pm yesterday.

End result: "Internet/USB Recovery" option now works again in maintenance mode 😁

I confirmed this with two boxes. One had developed bad sectors on the HDD, causing it to malfunction - replaced with a £9 HDD (exact same model), and now the "Internet/USB Recovery" option completes, the box rebooted and is now fully up to date and working again. The other box was working fine, except it was stuck on an old software version (last updated and used in January 2020!) - for some reason, the regular software update still didn't complete - it aborted at 79% after downloading the above software file and the 3.8.128  platform software from a youview server (it was aborting at 60% before the above server fix). Couldn't see any failed download requests this time, so I performed the "Internet/USB Recovery" on this box too, which promptly fully updated the box and rebooted.

Thanks for making this happen Karl. I know TalkTalk don't supply these boxes anymore, but at least with the update servers fully working, boxes can be saved from being junked and can continune to be used for the time being. HDD corruption is possible and of course HDD failure is probably the biggest reason these boxes start failing, so at least these issues can now be overcome.

Message 4 of 7

No Problem 🙂

I'll let you know what they come back with.

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Futaura
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 7

Thanks Karl 🤞

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 7

Hi

I'll pass this to our Device manager to look into.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips