cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

TV Hub is slow

jdx90
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

Hi,

I have a TV Hub that runs on Google TV and find that the menus and accessing apps are very slow especially when turn the box on for the first 5-10 mins. Even after using for a while it can be slow and glitchy with the please wait logo appearing on before cutting to a live tv channel. 

I have tried checking for software updates and is the latest version. I have also tried factory resetting as well. None of these have worked. 

Is there a setting that can be enabled to enable the box to run faster such as disabling power saving mode (searched and can't find this option in settings).

Any advice would be appreciated

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi

there are no settings to adjust to speed up menu navigation.

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

jdx90
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 4

Hi,

Yes the box is connected via wifi. Internet speeds are quite fast. With no buffering or slow downs experienced on other devices. 

The actual playback of content on the TV hub via internet apps is okay, it is the TV hub menus/guides that are very slow.

Thanks

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 4

Hi

Is the box connected over wifi ?

How are your internet speeds?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes