cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

TV box following full fibre upgrade.

ACCOBRA
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 52 of 52

We’ve just upgraded to full fibre and could not connect the Youview tv box to the new WiFi router. Contacted TT who said we would need a 4K TV box which was sent. This connected without too much trouble but has no record function. Is one available that is compatible with full fibre? 
Also one other question. Previously I had an Ethernet cable connected from the old box to a power line adapter. Do I still need this? It seems to work ok without. Thanks for any advice. 

0 Likes
51 REPLIES 51

Message 21 of 52

Hi

The boxes do not have these built on.

Only thing I can think of, is that either it was removed at install or some one in the home may have relocated it etc, but they do only work in pairs.

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

ACCOBRA
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 22 of 52

I see what you’re saying but can’t understand why understand why it worked with just one connected to the box prior to changing to FF. Also the help screen says if the distance from the router to box is greater than 2 meters to be connected with an Ethernet cable use a PL adapter (singular) and shows a picture of ONE connected to the router. Do any of the tv boxes have a receiver in them? 

0 Likes

Message 23 of 52

Hi

OK, This is definitely a powerline adapter, not an extender.  These devices work in pairs or more, so you can have 2, 3 or more, but never just one on its own, there needs to be at least 2 to work. 

The first would connect to a socket near the router, with an ethernet lead to the router, and the second device would be at another location within the home.

The first adapter converts the signal from the router to allow it to be sent through the electrical wires in the home, and the receiving unit will convert the signal back so it can be passed over ethernet to your device.

So there must be 2 of these devices to make it work, one as a transmitter and one as a receiver.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

ACCOBRA
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 24 of 52

It’s the second one. 

0 Likes

Message 25 of 52

Hi

Does the adapter look like the first model or the second one on this page

Wireless Powerline adapter guide - TalkTalk Help & Support

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

ACCOBRA
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 26 of 52

The help me connect advice is connect one PL adapter to the router though.

0 Likes

ACCOBRA
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 27 of 52

Thanks. No I’ve only been using one connected to the box not another one connected to the router. That worked fine prior to FF and a new router.

0 Likes

Message 28 of 52

Hi

The little black Dlink powerline adapters work in pairs, not over wifi, and should be used as in the picture in my last post.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

ACCOBRA
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 29 of 52

I may have he terminology wrong. There is only one connected to power and to the box via an Ethernet cable. It has DLink on the back if that helps. 

0 Likes

Message 30 of 52

Hi

The PLS Setup is usually like this :

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 31 of 52

Hi

You should have 2 powerline adapters, one at the router end and another near the TV, or are you talking about a wifi extender ?

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

ACCOBRA
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 32 of 52

The HDMI lead isn’t long enough to still reach to the tv if the box is moved to the router. 
I’m only using one PL adapter btw. 

0 Likes

Message 33 of 52

Hi

Try putting the Powerline Adapters's in a double wall socket side by side and pair them together. See if the lights come on.

As for the TV box, take this to the router, forget the Powerline Adapters's for this part, just connect the TV Box direct to router for setup.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

ACCOBRA
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 34 of 52

Hi Karl no luck I’m afraid. Still no WiFi connection. No middle WiFi light lit on the PL adapter. The on screen help just saying connect an Ethernet cable (too far) or PL adapter (already connected and plugged into the back of the router.) Everything switched on and off. PL pairing switch held down. Anymore thoughts? 

0 Likes

Message 35 of 52

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

ACCOBRA
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 36 of 52

Thanks Karl that’s clear. Will give that a go. 

0 Likes

Message 37 of 52

Hi

Forget anything wifi, as it's not applicable here.  If the box is not connecting, move the TV Box over to the router and connect it directly to the router with an ethernet cable to complete it's setup, then you can move it back.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

ACCOBRA
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 38 of 52

Thanks for your suggestions Karl. So just so I’m absolutely clear I should unplug the Ethernet cable from the PL adapter to the tv box and move it from its present tv location temporarily directly to plug into the router on the other side of the room and plug into the wall socket. Then I can move it back to its original tv location and reconnect to the tv box? Do I need to go through the whole set up procedure as if it was an initial installation or just go through Settings and WIFI? Sorry for the endless questions but I’m eager to sort this if it’s possible. 

0 Likes

Message 39 of 52

Hi

OK, we did supply 3 models of older youview box, DN360T, DN370T and DN372T.

All these models connect via ethernet and do not require any config or passwords entering etc.

They usually connect to the router directly, but if using powerline adapters, make sure the adapters are connected, one to the router via ethernet, and both adapters are plugged directly into wall sockets.

Some times the box can have an issue obtaining updates when first set up via powerline adapters so it is best to connect directly to the router just while setup completes.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

ACCOBRA
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 40 of 52

It’s an older Youview TalkTalk Hueawi box connecting to a Sagemcom router. I think it was superseded by Plus? 

0 Likes