cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

TalkTalk Is Totally Incompetent

Gordy323
First Timer
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

I phoned TalkTalk about 10 days ago and said that I wanted their Full Fibre 150 plan with TV and phone calls.

The engineer called round and installed the router last Thursday but didn’t connect TV or phone. I asked about this and I was told that TV and phone would be up and running by the end of the day.

Not true. It is now four days later and I have no TV. My broadband and phone are still through my old supplier, Virgin Media.

So what do I do now?

I was trying to escape Virgin Media but I now know that TalkTalk are even more incompetent. In fact, incompetence is something that TalkTalk wears like a badge of honour.

MR Gordon S Goodfellow
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi

The TV Box is not sent out until broadband is active on the account, usually around 10 days after installation,. With full fibre, the phone service would be VOIP so will need the internet connection up and running first, so the first issue to focus on is the initial broadband connection. This must be in place and working before any of the other services will start.

Also, with regard to badges, this is an automated community  thing that most online communities use to encourage interaction.

Now, to focus on the initial connection issue, was the engineer that visited from Openreach ?

Have you been given any order reference from TalkTalk ?

What lights are on the box on the wall that the engineer installed.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Gordy323
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 6

You've just sent me an email telling me I've EARNED A BADGE!!

DO YOU THINK THIS IS *@#][!![]'#[@#]!* FUNNY OR SOMETHING?

MR Gordon S Goodfellow
0 Likes

Gordy323
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 6

Look, I just need this thing fixed.

I phoned TalkTalk about 10 days ago and said that I wanted their Full Fibre 150 plan with TV and phone calls.

The engineer called round and installed the router last Thursday but didn’t connect TV or phone. I asked about this and I was told that TV and phone would be up and running by the end of the day.

They were not. It was just a lie to shut me up.

It is now four days later and I have no TV. My broadband and phone are still through my old supplier, Virgin Media.

I was trying to escape Virgin Media but I now know that TalkTalk is even more incompetent. In fact, incompetence is something that TalkTalk wears like a badge of honour.

Is ANYONE at TT prepared to step up to the plate on this issue?

MR Gordon S Goodfellow
0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 6

Hi

Also, as a follow up question, the engineer will have installed a small box on the wall that the router connects to, are there any lights illuminated on this ? Any lights on the TalkTalk router also ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Hi

Did you have any reference number, account number, Fibre order number etc. These may be on any emails received.

If you can add this info to your 'Community Profile' in the private notes section this will help us locate any details on our systems and see why there is a delay.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes