cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

TalkTalk boxes not working

overingtons
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 17 of 17

We have two talk talk boxes , (one of which we purchased from you, not free with package) connected to two different tv's with a shared aerial access.

Everyday we are having to unplug and reboot  talk talk box 1! .  Sometimes more than  once a day. This is really frustrating and when we can get to to work it keeps failing to record programmes and freezes when watching tv. 

Talk talk box 2 is also intermittently failing to record tv programmes and we have to reboot and unplug not as often as box 1 . Both tv's operate perfectly when the talk talk boxes are not connected to them.   Do we need new talk talk boxes as this has been going for for some months now? 

16 REPLIES 16

Message 1 of 17

Morning,

A software update has been released and should have been updated last night if the TV box was switched on and connected. Please let us know if you experience any issues.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 17

Thanks @Michelle-TalkTalk 👌

0 Likes

Message 3 of 17

Hello,

The update we have received is that the issue has been identified and should be resolved within the next 24hrs.

Thanks

Message 4 of 17

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. Just to advise the time change/BST issue has been escalated and we will post back here as soon as we receive an update on this.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 5 of 17

The clock issue is affecting all TalkTalk YouView boxes.

Staff here cannot swap boxes anymore and TalkTalk have not provided recordable boxes for over 2 years now.

If you want a new box you will need to phone customer services to see if you are eligible. You may need to recontract.

Try phoning 0345 172 0088

Opening Hours can be found here - https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-update-on-Coronavirus/ta-p/2468300

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).

overingtons
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 6 of 17

I've done full factory reset on the one that isn't working , deleting all recordings and its still not working. Plus nether box has updated the time with the change to British summer time and I cannot find away to update the clock in settings or anywhere else. To be honest considering just leaving talktalk and going elswhere. 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 17

Have you done a full factory reset or the maintenance mode keep recordings option?

The keep recordings option attempts to repair a corrupted hard drive if possible, whereas a factory reset , or the delete recordings option will repair a corrupted hard drive if possible.

As the box is failing still, try a full reset, which will delete recordings, even if already done as some have reported success following a second reset.

Hope this helps.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

overingtons
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 8 of 17

One of the boxes is currently working the  other still fails to record anything and has done since the beginning of March. 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 17

Hi

Thanks for letting me know.

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

overingtons
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 10 of 17

Have updated both as recommended by Keith and at the mo they are behaving, early days! Thank you Keith

0 Likes

Message 11 of 17

Hi

Follow the advice from Keith and let me know if this helps.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 17

These are no longer supplied by TalkTalk, so they cannot replace them. All you can try is a maintenance reset & keep recordings (or if you are happy to there is the option to reset and erase recordings). To do this:-

1. Turn the unit off at the rear.
2. Turn it back on again
3. Press the On button on the front and then press + and - buttons on the front of the box at the same time for 15 seconds.
4. Using your remote scroll down to Factory reset Keep recordings and press OK. If your remote does not work, you can use the + and - buttons on the box.
5. Follow the steps through the setup wizard and test your remote again upon boot up.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

overingtons
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 13 of 17

Yes they are both  dn372T. 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 17

They all are, is the model number DN372T?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

overingtons
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 15 of 17

They are both Huawei. 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 17

Which boxes do you have?

Keith

0 Likes