cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

Tv Hub box

Scotia55
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 11

I have the new TV hub box.  This is the second one as the first cacked it and had to be replaced.  The one I have now seems to have quite a few problems.  Signal break up, picture red coloured and freezing.  I will do a factory reset and see how that goes.  These are the same issues I had with the first box before it completely failed.  Ate these known problems?

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Hi

OK, I'm not aware of any issue with Toshiba models.

Did you also try swapping the HDMI cable as previously suggested.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 11

Hi Karl

I don't have another tv and the one I have is a Toshiba. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

Hi

What model of TV is this connected to ?   Do you have another TV you can test the box on ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 11

Hi Karl  Everything works fine with aerial plugged into tv.  Box is now not responding to remote so have bypassed box and just using my smart tv.  The problem, once again, is with the box.  And it's exactly the same problems I had with the first tv hub which this one replaced.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 11

Hi

If you connect the aerial direct to the TV, are any of the freeview channels breaking up or having issues ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Scotia55
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 11

Well the factory reset has not worked as I hoped.   Box struggled to even turn on this evening.   Message that tv signal was weak though it isn't.  Really dark picture too.  Had to turn off and on a couple of times to get it to work and then picture froze for a while too.  Disappointed that this box seems to have exactly the same issues as the one it replaced.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 11

Good morning,

Thanks for the update and we'll check back in with you in a few days to see how you're getting on.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 11

Yes disconnect it and turn it round. As said it has been known to cure the red tinge 

Good luck.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

Message 9 of 11

I haven't tried rebooting router but I eventually found where factory reset is.  It's pretty well hidden but in the process now.  Not to sound stupid, but how do I reverse hdmi cable?  I know what it is but do you mean take end from back of tv and put that in the box and end from box into the tv? Anyway factory reset now finished so will see how it goes over next few days.  Thank you.

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 11

Have you also tried rebooting your router? This sometimes helps.

Red the red tinge, this is usually a symptom of a faulty or poorly fitting HDMI cable.

Sounds silly but take the cable out and reverse it and endure it's fully in. This sometimes helps, but if not try a different one 

Let us know how it goes.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes