cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

tv

monty1888
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

Hi there,

My name is Brian Montague and have been a customer for roughly eight years. My contract expires on 22/08/23 and I'm currently on the fibre 65 plus tv package. I would be more than happy to extend my contract as I have had a great customer service whilst with the company. The only issue recently is my youview box is constantly cutting off and receiving no signal but when I restart it it works fine again for a day or so. I would be more than happy to extend my contract if I could be sent the new youview tv hub. I've heard there is less issues with the new box. 

Many Thanks Brian Montague

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 4

Morning,

How are you getting on?

Thanks

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 4

The new TV hub is only available to future fibre customers.

The 4k box is probably the box you will be offered.

It sounds like your hard drive may be failing.

Have you tried a YouView Maintenance Reset (https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-find-maintenance-mode/ta-p/1429347)?

Try the Factory Reset keep recording option.

You will then need to reset your personal settings (such as parental controls / Set antenna Out to On in Settings: Picture and Sound / Surround Sound etc.) and also reset your scheduled recordings (might be worth taking a note of future recordings before doing this so you don’t miss any).

If all else fails then try a full factory reset from the settings menu. You will lose your recordings but you may be asked to do this before the support staff look at other alternatives.

TalkTalk now only supply non recordable boxes although the 4k one can record but only has one tuner so you can't record one channel and watch another unless you set up a separate feed to both box and TV, so it's best to try all alternatives if recording is important to you.

Hope this helps.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

You'd need to speak to Talktalk and get a new box as part of your renewal, @monty1888

You are within the last 3 months of your contract, so there should not be an admin fee if you renew now.

Usually you will get a better deal by phoning them up, rather than going via My Account offers & upgrades. Check comparison websites to aid negotiation. 

Staff can't set up a new deal for you via the forum.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-contact-TalkTalk-Broadband/ta-p/2230529

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes