cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

24 Month Contract Renewal Pricing Discrepancy.

coliander
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 7

Last week, I received an email advising me that my 24 Month Fibre 900 Contract was coming to an end. The email presented me with an option to renew my 24 Month contract at a price of £39.95 per month and gave me a number to ring to order this:

emailemail

I rang the number this morning and renewed my contract. I then received an email with my contract information which correctly outlined the £39.95 monthly cost:

ContractContract

Shortly Afterwards, I received another email saying that my changes had gone live (which I found a little odd as I didn't expect the new contract to begin until the 7th July when my initial contract ended). I logged into my account dashboard to check the status of my account and noticed that my package is being charged at £48.23 per month, and not the £39.95 per month I was quoted and agreed to:

Account DashboardAccount Dashboard

Can somebody please advise? £48.23 is not the monthly rate I agreed to.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Morning,

Ok thank you for confirming and please let us know if anything does change.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Hi, @Arne-TalkTalk  - I've just checked my account and the monthly rate is now set at £39.95. Perhaps just a glitch whilst switching my contract? Happy to close this off for now.

Cheers.

Message 3 of 7

Hi coliander

Call the loyalty team again if the price is wrong they can change this 

Sorry 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

You are not charged an early termination fee when it's in the last 3 months of a contract when you renew - only if you actually leave, @coliander.

As I said, staff will look into the amount showing. 

Also check that discounts for add ons have not disappeared. Supersafe? TV? Anytime calls? Voicemail Plus etc?

Even the £63.23 amount looks odd for full price, but it may be showing the increase post the April CPI related price change. Very strange figure.

Please wait for staff to reach your thread to avoid it slipping back in the queue for attention. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 5 of 7

@Gliwmaeden2 wrote:

Regarding the date of renewal: it's always from the date you set it up.

Similarly, your service doesn't just suddenly stop when you go past the end of your minimum term.

It doesn't work like a car / house insurance policy, @coliander, where renewal is seamless from the previous end date.

It works more like your utility bills, where a change of tariff kicks in immediately. 

Staff can check the details of the amount for you. 

The start date of the new contract isn't really of concern as long as they don't charge me an early cancellation fee for my original contract. My primary concern is being charged £8.28 a month more than I was quoted for my renewed contract.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

Regarding the date of renewal: it's always from the date you set it up.

Similarly, your service doesn't just suddenly stop when you go past the end of your minimum term.

It doesn't work like a car / house insurance policy, @coliander, where renewal is seamless from the previous end date.

It works more like your utility bills, where a change of tariff kicks in immediately. 

Staff can check the details of the amount for you. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes