cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Account Backend Issue

philip_w_852
Participant
Private Message
Message 9 of 9

Hi everyone,

Could you please clean up my account on the backend? I still have an FTTC and FTTP account. 

I migrated from FTTC to FTTP a few years ago - all while being with TT. 

I'm hoping to have my account cleaned up so that If I leave or upgrade - there won't be any issues. 

further context - https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Full-Fibre/Router-Issues/m-p/2992856#M19318

Thanks

Phil

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

philip_w_852
Participant
Private Message
Message 2 of 9

I rang back the loyalty team just to double check - and after everything they were able to upgrade me to FTTP 150 and cancel my FTTC service. New Amazon router on the way by the end of the week. Result!

Message 3 of 9

You'll need to research deals with other companies, @philip_w_852, and once you have a date fixed up you would need to cancel your current service with Talktalk. 

There is not a more automatic way of doing this with FTTP at the moment. 

Talktalk will require 30 days' notice. 

You need to ring 03451 720088 when the time comes. You'd need to spell out that both the FTTC and FTTP accounts need to be cancelled as they don't always appear to do this.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Cancel-your-TalkTalk-service/ta-p/2204737

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

philip_w_852
Participant
Private Message
Message 4 of 9

Hi,

So i've spoken to the future fibre team and loyalty team. 

For context - I want an Amazon eero router as the Huawai and Sagecom routers are not great and I need news one after every few months. I'm willing to upgrade from FTTP 65 to FTTP 150. I originally was a TT FTTC customer who migrated to FTTP.

The main outcome

- I cannot upgrade to FTTP 150 for reasons unknown - loyalty team cannot help me. 

- I cannot cancel the FTTC landline service as that's where my payments are coming out from

My only option is to move provider. Can you please detail the steps of me moving to a different FTTP service as I feel an upcoming nightmare arising on my account as my new provider won't be 'taking over' the FTTC service, they'll be taking over the FTTP service. 

0 Likes

philip_w_852
Participant
Private Message
Message 5 of 9

ok will do thank you Arne

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

Ok, you will need to call the future fibre team to cancel the other account this will fix My Account. 

0 Likes

philip_w_852
Participant
Private Message
Message 7 of 9

Hi Arne,

Nope - do not use the landline and have never used it 🙂

Thanks

Phil

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 9

Hi philip_w_852

Do you still use your landline, the FTTC account is active to keep the phone number.

0 Likes