cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Account cancellation 'rejected'

Nursehague
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 7

As I write this I'm in tears.

I have never been treated as badly by one company in my life. I have been a customer of TalkTalk for years with no issues at all..... Until now. I moved house in November. I moved in with relatives and did not need an internet service anymore. I informed TalkTalk of this a WEEK prior to moving out. I was told I would not incur an early termination fee and that the account would be cancelled with no worries, and that I would be refunded any money due back to me. It is now 9th December and I am still connected, still paying bills. I was told my termination date would be 14th December, but then was told by someone else that this termination request was rejected and my account would not and cannot be terminated. Why? I told TalkTalk if I have to pay an early termination fee I will, no problem. Why on earth are they not letting me leave????? I DO NOT live in that house anymore, I DO NOT NEED AN INTERNET PROVIDER NOW. How hard is that to understand?? Talk Talk are now sending me threatening emails about me cancelling my direct debit and if I did not continue paying TalkTalk every month they would report me to a credit file agency and it would show on my credit file. WTF. I have NO clue how on earth they are allowed to get away with behaviour like this. 

I have tried to reach out to TalkTalk to peacefully resolve this and pay any fee I need to be able to leave, and I have been fobbed off every time. Has anyone got any advice please please please???

TalkTalk have caused so much freakin' anxiety and panic in me now 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

6 REPLIES 6

keimcd
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 7

I can't even get through to someone to cancel. When I made a forum post, it was even marked as spam!

B4449##
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 7

Don't worry, I'm the same. Been with Talktalk for 8 years and they say all my offers are being rejected. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

This is simply for Arne to identify your account, @Nursehague.

Go via your avatar/name; settings. 

From the drop down menu, Personal Information. 

Add the telephone number or account number where it asks for your phone number. SAVE CHANGES. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Sorry, I don't know how to do that. 

Why is it so difficult to terminate a TalkTalk account? I will pay the fees, no problem. Talk talk are making this way more complicated than what it has to be

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 7

Hi Nursehague

Thanks for your post

I can look into this but first, can you please update your community profile to include:

Name

Telephone number or account number.

Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Regards

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

@Nursehague, Talktalk's Ts&Cs require 30 days' notice:

20231209_200254.jpg

So if you were not moving to another provider who would take over the line at the address, that notice period (and any termination fees) would apply.

There's also the fact that billing dates and contract end dates / cease dates don't necessarily match. Any bill already made up would apply for the month ahead, and any bill due to be made up before the cease happens needs to be paid.

This is because you could change your mind (theoretically).

So the billing ploughs on and is for the month ahead.

The NEXT bill, after the cease, should refund you for any days you didn't have a service for after the cease.

You see the refund in Transaction History and claim it back to your bank account from My Account. 

Staff can check that the cease is going ahead.

However, sometimes cease orders do get stuck in the system  - if that's the case, the forum team will help you get to the bottom of it and sort it out.

You won't hear back before Monday at the earliest, but rest assured that this thread is in the queue for attention. 

It's always best to leave the Direct Debit in place until you have received a bill for £0.00.

There's also the issue of returning the router or any other equipment due back. You can get billed for that if they can't find evidence of its return. 

Wait for the cease to be properly sorted out and then make sure that your equipment is returned in one of their returns bags that they send out. Keep A certificate of posting as evidence and to track its return with Royal Mail. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes