cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Account not cancelled

Dave75
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 5 of 5

I cancelled my Talktalk account when I moved house on 30 May 2023. The house that I was moving to already had its own Talktalk account in my name.

Instead of cancelling my old account Talktalk have continued to bill me for it. I spent three and a half hours on the phone to Talktalk yesterday and am still not sure if the problem has been resolved.

what I need is for this redundant  account to be cancelled and to be refunded for the amount that I have been billed for since 30 May 2023.

The other account at my new house is satisfactory.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi Dave75

Thank you. 

I can confirm that the unwanted account has a cancellation processing to be completing on the 30th. And a credit has been applied for the balance. 

Once its completed we can look into the double billing issue. 

Regards

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

Hello Arne

I am not sure how to access private notes in my profile but I think that I have managed it and have supplied the information that you requested. If not please let me know.

This morning I spoke to a very helpful lady in Retentions section and I am confident that she has sorted out the problem that I had concerning the 2 accounts registered at my present address.

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 5

Hi @Dave75

Can you confirm the account numbers for the old and new accounts, can you add them to the private notes section of your community profile I can start to help with this. 

Thank you. 

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

@Dave75, they would have needed 30 days' notice, and, depending on your billing cycle, the end of service might not show till after the subsequent bill. 

Even when it goes right, it takes a while to wind up. Keep your Direct Debit in place, as you need the details in My Account to claim the refund.

Staff will check what's going on during the week  - they are not on here at weekends. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes