cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Billing for new Fibre 900 Data Only contract

AnnaN74
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 2

Hi,

Yesterday I got a call from Talktalk's loyalty team as I was cancelling my current contract for a different one with a different provider, and Talktalk offered me a new discounted Fibre 900 Data Only contract which I've accepted, on the condition that the price increase would happen in April 2025, not April 2024.

When I received the contract documents yesterday during the phonecall with a staff member, the contract summary stated,
"Please note there is a CPI rate of inflation 4.0% + 3.7% totalling a 7.7% price increase annually from April 2024".
I asked them about it and was told that this was incorrect and that the first price rise would happen in April 2025, that it is too close to April 2024 to have the price increase now, and that it would be illegal to do so. They assured me that the correct price rise date of 2025 would be shown in the welcome email.

I received said welcome package email this morning, however here it states,
"The monthly price of broadband will rise in April each year by the rate of inflation plus 3.7%. New contracts from 1st Feb 2023 will receive this rise from April 2024. Please visit talktalk.co.uk/legal for more information."

This is not what I agreed to over the phone, could this be sorted out?

Thank you.

image.png
0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 2

Hi AnnaN74

We are aware of the issue with the autosign documents the date hasn't been updated correctly. You are not eligible for price rise this year. 

Sorry for the confusion 

0 Likes