cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

COMPLAINTS DON'T CALL BACK - Treated like a liar, Customer Loyalty Team worst customer service ever

JohnDory69
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 27 of 27

where to start..

On 03/09/24 I started a chat via my talk talk account online as my old fibre 65 contract ended at the end of that day, so I wanted to get a new deal. 

I spoke to an agent who advised me that I could get a renewal essentially for the same price but I advised I wanted an upgraded service as we recently had new lines installed by Openreach so better speeds were now available. I chose the fibre 150 package for just a few quid more a month which included the Amazon eero router. I reviewed and agreed to the new contract and was sent the confirmation emails later that evening confirming the changes I requested had been made.

My new package start date was confirmed as 11/09/24 and I received my new router 06/09/24 ready for this. I installed the new router and set up via the app without issue but I did notice that speeds were still the same as my previous plan.

I presumed that there might be some delays with the new package speed getting... Up to speed. So I have it a few days. 

Fast forward to 22/09/24 and my speeds are still at best half what my package promised. I decided to check my connection on the talk talk website using their line connection test. As soon as I got into the dashboard I see that not only am I not on the fibre 150 package, I've been signed up to my old package, fibre 65 without any authorisation from me - no rolling contract, another 2 years.

I opened a chat as phone lines were closed and connected with Gugu. I explained the above, and was asked if I wanted to upgrade?... I explained again, and politely asked them to re-read what I had said previously. They then confirmed they can see I had a new service on order due to be complete 11/09 but due to a system issue it was still showing as "issued"?.. When I asked how to get this sorted they said it could not be, they would need to cancel my order as they cannot make changes if there is a pending order. I strongly advised them to do nothing until I had spoken to someone, I asked why no one has contacted me to let me know - no calls/texts/emails. They said they don't work in the system for processing this.

They advised they would leave detailed notes if our chat. I did receive a text after this chat advising a complaint had been raised on my behalf and the "complaint team" would be in contact shortly. So credit to Gugu for recognising this was a reportable complaint without me specifically saying.

I called the customer service team the next day and spoke to Jessal (I think). After some explanation they called the open reach team and came back to confirm the fix had been escalated and would be working by the next morning at latest. They did not advise I needed to cancel my package and restart the process.. Once the fix was confirmed, although I should've been angry it was 2 weeks almost for them to make a 5 minutes call to another team to remind them they forgot about me, I was quite relieved.

Finally I asked the Jessal what they would be doing regarding the Automatic Compensation Scheme that talk talk had committed to, and I was eligible for. I outlined section 8 'Applicability if the Code' from the 'COMMUNICATIONS PROVIDERS' VOLUNTARY CODE OF PRACTICE FOR AN AUTOMATIC COMPENSATION SCHEME' document I had been reviewing between contacting talk talk.  I read out line 4 of section 8 "The code applies to the provision (including existing customers' service upgrades which result in them being subject to a new contractual commitment period) and repair of residential fixed-line and broadband services."

Jessal confirmed I was absolutely eligible for this compensation and said a line manager would be contacting me the next day regarding this. (I think Jessal was telling whatever he could to stop me quoting the Ofcom rules).

I received a text message that day, actually while I was on the phone to Jessal, so think it was unrelated to that call. The text advised me that they would contact me today 14/09 between 10am - 12pm regarding my complaint. So I rearranged a Dr appointment, cancelled a meeting and made sure my phone was by my side, volume up - just in case!.. haha.. foreshadowing..

I wated all morning, nothing. got to 1PM so decided to call them. I spoke to one agent, unfortunately wrong department but they listened to my issue and checked my notes. Apologised as they could see no one had called me about the complaint but said they would need to speak to the customer loyalty team, as they were the team that raised and were dealing with the complaint. She put me on hold for a few minutes and called the customer loyalty team, when she came back she said the team were trying to find the person dealing with my complaint, after some more talking she called them again but when she came back she said she would need to transfer me as she said they were making excuses about talking about the issue! as she couldn't deal herself I agreed to the transfer.

The person I spoke to at the customer loyalty team was the worst customer service rep I've ever encountered, and I work in a company with a customer service dept. After several explanations he eventually told me I would get a call about the complaint in 2 days at some time, I wasn't having this considering I was calling because they didn't call in the first place. When I protested and asked why they had decided this after not calling me today as promised he told me that it was because I missed a call at 10:30 - this is when the steam started coming out my ears. I explained that was not true as I was waiting all morning for the call and even if I had missed the imaginary 10:30 call, I would have a missed call on my mobile log, which I didn't.

He repeated "As you missed the call" several times, I advised him that I had clearly told him this was not the case, I said I am not lying - why would I, what possible vested interest would I have to pretend there was no call then spend over an hour on the phone arguing my case. I asked how he knows the outbound call was made, I enquired if he could see the call log or if he was reading a note. He confirmed he was reading a note, not a call log which would be proof. I asked him to check the logs in that case as he would see this note was false. He said they do not have a way to see calls made on their system.. I asked if all calls are recorded then how can that be?, there must be a record, but he refused to listen to my reasoning.

When he again told me I missed the call I broke and advised I was submitting a verbal DSAR and want all my recorded calls and chats. He was very apologetic after this, particularly when I asked if he had a mobile phone, and when he misses a call on that, does he get a notification in his call log to confirm the call he missed, he sheepishly answered Yes.

Funniest, or most angering thing - 20-30 mins after I ended the call, I get a 1 ring call from a Talk Talk number - no chance to answer, but funnily enough this appeared in my missed call log!! haha can only imagine the agent who was supposed to call earlier was scrambling to cover his tracks "Oh look boss I did call his mobile.. 2 and a half hours after I was mean to, and after he called to complain again.."

I was told the person who pretended to call me and who is dealing with my complaint is - SAMUKELISIWE MKHIZE - please can you investigate if this person is fit for the job, if they are falsifying notes and running complainants in rings I don't think they are an asset to your business.

@Talk talk I just wanted my Automatic compensation rom 11/09/24 when my contract was meant to begin, to 23/09/24 when the package my contract was signed for was actually activated

I've attached screenshots of the text confirming my expected call regarding the complaint, my call log after calling Talk Talk (note nothing at all previously that day) and my call log about half hour after talking to Talk Talk (miraculously they called me! but only rang for one ring so didn't even have time to click answer! )

Screenshot_20240924-142655.pngScreenshot_20240924-140336.pngScreenshot_20240924-222817.png
0 Likes
26 REPLIES 26

Message 1 of 27

@Gliwmaeden2  Appreciate the info, thank you.

I am overdue a call/message/email/any contact from the loyalty team regarding my open complaint with them - it was about my service only being started 2 weeks after the promised date.. after I contacted them a few times to query it.

I have tried the customer loyalty team several times since then and it's just too much to deal with, which is one of the reasons I've asked Arne if they can ask for email contact from them to me. Or emails for the actual complaints dept. or someone higher up, I hate Twitter/X but I'm seriously considering creating an account just to get some contact regarding this complaint.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 27

@ferguson  Yeah set up fine, and came relatively quick once Karl who works on the forums had ordered it for me. Didnt fix the speed/connection issues though.

The guy on chat asked what size my home was, told him a 2 bed bungalow and he said the router shouldn't be the issue. Then he tested the connection to my PC as that's what's had issues with connection and speed.

After the test he said I should buy a second and third eero router from TT..  for £89 each or £8 a month. I asked why, as he had told me 1 router was fine for my small house?, he said because my PC only had wi-fi 5 and the eero is wi-fi 6.. I asked if it would make more sense for me to just buy a wi-fi 6 adapter for my PC and he decided to "send" me to complaints as I had an open complaint.. almost 3 hours later, still no complaints team.

TalkTalk - RUDE GUY - waiting for complaints BUY BUY BUY.png

0 Likes

Message 3 of 27

@JohnDory69, if you do wish to leave, you will need to call the Loyalty team  / Retentions on the 03451 720088 number, open on Saturday from 9am till 6pm (not available on Sunday).

Discussing waiving the early termination fees, it may be a long haul while they find the right person to deal with it.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 4 of 27

Have you managed to set up the DVA? 

0 Likes

JohnDory69
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 27

Hi @Arne-TalkTalk  please can you ask that someone contacts me by email regarding my complaint. I've waited 10 days now and they haven't made any sign of getting in touch, I really really would appreciate some help here.

I've been on chat this evening trying to sort out an issue with my connection, which I will go into more in another comment as it deserves it's own place..  but it concluded with 'Peter' advising me he would transfer me to the complaints team due to my open complaint, he did say there may be a "possible" wait, but it's been over an hour and 40 minutes now.. I don't think Peter connected me to anyone. I have attached the latest snip of my chat with Peter, as you can see told me he would be connecting me to someone 19:37.. that's not great is it, after acknowledging my open complaint.

It's almost like everyone knows there's no repercussions, so no one does anything - worst comes to worst if a customer is persistent and patient enough to carry on with their issue, the Ombudsmen might give them what Talk Talk should've.

If you aren't able to get involved as the customer loyalty team is dealing, please can I have the direct email for the dedicated complaints team. Alternatively, the email for your CEO would do.

At this point I want to discuss my contract being ended without fee, so I can switch to a provider with customer services and processes that don't make me want to give up every time I have to deal with them.

TalkTalk - RUDE GUY - waiting for complaints 9.png
0 Likes

Message 6 of 27

Fair enough, yes maybe it would be best to take a step or two back to contemplate.

I mean I did simply repost yours and my own comments in a more easily digestible format, as you had seemed to ignore my first post and reiterate your own points. If you aren't getting it still, I agree maybe you should take some time to mull it over and perhaps come back in the future.

Hopefully when my issue is sorted, so I don't have to waste my time arguing my legitimacy to someone I don't know and who doesn't know me on a telecommunications company's public help forum.. 

0 Likes

Billx
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 27

Just got your reply.

I am sorry. I'll have to put my hands up.

The description is far too complex for me to follow.

Maybe sometime in the future, I'll look at it again.

I am sorry again to have disturbed you, or anyone else on this thread.

Bill

Message 8 of 27

@Billx 

You did say you 100% believe what I am saying in your first comment. However, you proceeded to spend the rest of the comment trying to pick holes in the validity of what I was saying, so your statement seems quite contrary.

What you've written in this comment doesn't really explain anything, as all you are doing is trying to recap your first comment, which I had already clarified. I would urge you to read again your own comment and my reply. But instead let me recap.

You said:

"I believe 100%, in what you are saying.

But, unfortunately, most mobile phones do not show the date, only the time.

You have 3 screenshots, and none of them show the date.

Are they all on the 24/9 (that's yesterday)? Is the last shot also from 24/9?

Are the 3 in chronological order from the latest to the earliest? I don't know"

I explained:

"So first off the last screenshot has a date in the text, 24/09/2024 at 10:30 which is when they are meant to call. So put that in whatever chronological order you like as it's really not relevant when I received it.

Secondly the two call log screenshots do include dates, I'm surprised you missed them with your keen eye. As you can see the oldest call is dated Saturday 17th September, the next call date is Sat (that's Saturday). If you have a quick glance at a 2024 calendar you will see that following Saturday 17th the next and only possible Saturday is 21st. Now the talk talk calls are dated Today, that means they had to be dated between 21/09 and 24/09 when I posted. To make it easier I have attached 2 more call log screenshots. These show the day the calls were made was Tuesday (that's Tuesday 24th, yesterday) now you could argue that could be a different Tuesday that just happens to have exactly the same call times, but I think that would be reaching for even yourself. Also after a week or so the phone does give them an actual date, as in day and month. Oh in case you miss it, the time of the call from the 0800 number can be seen in the top left corner as my phone time shows."

You said:

"I also note the telephone number in your 1st screenshot, ...5544.

This is the number the Complaints people use, when calling a customer.

However, no one can use that number to call the Complaints people."

I explained:

"Finally, yes that is the number the complaint team use, which I realised when trying to call back. As explained in my lengthy post, after calling the customer loyalty team and after an hour of advising no one had called me, and being told they would do nothing but arrange a call in a few days, I received a 1 ring from that number. Hence trying to call them back a few minutes later. "

Now you have tried to cast further doubt, god knows why, but from what I can see you seem a bit of an officious busybody. You say:

"The screenshot you later provided is much more plausible, but still doesn't show the date of the screenshot."

I did already address this in my previous comment but let me reiterate:

"To make it easier I have attached 2 more call log screenshots. These show the day the calls were made was Tuesday (that's Tuesday 24th, yesterday) now you could argue that could be a different Tuesday that just happens to have exactly the same call times, but I think that would be reaching for even yourself. Also after a week or so the phone does give them an actual date, as in day and month." - I presumed you noticed that the call times for both the outbound call to TT customer services at 13:00 and the call to the complaint line at 14:26 matched exactly to the final 2 screenshots I shared. You can also see from those screenshots that I received a missed call from the complaint line at 14:24, hence me calling back.. as I said.

I hope this explains things... Again. 🙂

0 Likes

Billx
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 27

@JohnDory69 

I just got around to seeing your comment.

When I commented, right up front, I supported you 100%. Never did I ask you to prove anything.

What I did say is that I couldn't make any sense of your 3 screenshots.

And I made a very general comment, on the current convention on mobile phones not showing the proper full date.

The screenshot you later provided is much more plausible, but still doesn't show the date of the screenshot.

The 3rd screenshot in the 1st 3, shows a date within a text.

I hope this explains things.

Bill

0 Likes

Message 10 of 27

OK.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 27

Ah really, there was a card that came in the box which says "Once your digital voice adapter is connected it will take up to 1 hour for your service to work. During this time your device may reboot several times.".

I presumed this meant the eero along with the DVA since they are going to be connected?.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 27

You don't need to switch off the internet to connect the DVA.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 27

Hi Arne, thanks yes Karl was able to order the DVA on another post I made for just that issue. It came today but I need to wait until later to set it up as me and my partner work from home so can't disrupt the internet connection during work hours.

I'm hoping it works, as I've been reading guides and apparently I should be able to active Digital Voice in my account but there's no option to do this at the moment, I can only think it needs to be installed first?. I hope so, my contract says Digital Voice is included, not data only.

I wanted to ask if you can see when the customer loyalty team/complaint person is supposed to contact me as I have had nothing since making this post originally. Is it normal to just ignore complaints?. Can you request they contact me via email please? that way there is no way of claiming I missed any call like they said originally.

Luke

0 Likes

Message 14 of 27
0 Likes

JohnDory69
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 27

Posting this here to add to the chain of events

So I've had a rough time trying to just get my contract renewed and the service actually started.

Finally thought that hurdle was over, despite an ongoing complaint about the 'customer loyalty team', the service I signed a contract for was started 2 weeks after it was promised.

Anyway now I've noticed drops in speed periodically. Did a connection test on my talk talk account and it tells me there's an issue with my digital voice adapter and I need to sync it..

Bit of a problem there, they didn't sent me one. Nor mention it at all during the multiple calls and chats I've had to endure the past weeks. The only mention is in my contract which advises the plan includes digital voice, but no mention of the hardware needed to use it. They sent the eero router, how do they forget the adapter if they are sent that anyway?!..

I'm so fed up with this company now. If I don't hear anything about the open complaint and get this flippin adapter ASAP I'm just going to exercise my right to cancel without fee as I absolutely haven't been getting the service that was promised when they signed me up for the new contract. 

Shambles of a company

0 Likes

Message 16 of 27

Hi Arne thanks for checking in.

No unfortunately I've not received any calls or emails or texts from talk talk since my post.

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 17 of 27
0 Likes

Message 18 of 27

Haha thank you, I was thinking am I trapped in an episode of CSI? and had to defend myself, thought maybe because my post is so long winded someone thought they had to bring me down a peg, but I was just so annoyed yesterday by it all! didn't know what was relevant and what wasn't!.

Anyway appreciate the info and I have been a lurker for a while and always thought people were pretty helpful and nice on here - not so much "prove it" like Bill has been.. 

Message 19 of 27

I would pretty much ignore anything Bill has to say, he seems intent on simply disrupting the community. 

Message 20 of 27

Hi Bill,

So first off the last screenshot has a date in the text, 24/09/2024 at 10:30 which is when they are meant to call. So put that in whatever chronological order you like as it's really not relevant when I received it.

Secondly the two call log screenshots do include dates, I'm surprised you missed them with your keen eye. As you can see the oldest call is dated Saturday 17th September, the next call date is Sat (that's Saturday). If you have a quick glance at a 2024 calendar you will see that following Saturday 17th the next and only possible Saturday is 21st. Now the talk talk calls are dated Today, that means they had to be dated between 21/09 and 24/09 when I posted. To make it easier I have attached 2 more call log screenshots. These show the day the calls were made was Tuesday (that's Tuesday 24th, yesterday) now you could argue that could be a different Tuesday that just happens to have exactly the same call times, but I think that would be reaching for even yourself. Also after a week or so the phone does give them an actual date, as in day and month. Oh in case you miss it, the time of the call from the 0800 number can be seen in the top left corner as my phone time shows.

Finally, yes that is the number the complaint team use, which I realised when trying to call back. As explained in my lengthy post, after calling the customer loyalty team and after an hour of advising no one had called me, and being told they would do nothing but arrange a call in a few days, I received a 1 ring from that number. Hence trying to call them back a few minutes later. Unsure what your point is. Do you think that if someone calls that number they get put to the back of the queue or something? - I absolutely expect them to take months, from my limited experience I don't expect them to contact me at all. I look forward to dealing with CISAS or Ofcom instead.

Luke

Screenshot_20240925-185649.pngScreenshot_20240925-185702.png

0 Likes