cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Contract end & live chat

simon1688
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 8

Live chat is so rubbish it takes them so long to reply and they ask you questions not even related to the matter !

My contract ends on October 4th, I will not renew so please do not bill me after the 4th.

Also I would like a seamless transfer which means TalkTalk internet on the 4th then my new provider on the 5th.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

The only number is the one I gave you in my first reply, @simon1688 !

03451 720088 is open from 9am.

But this is only for cancelling directly with Talktalk, and confirming if you have asked another company to take over the line.

You speak to the Loyalty team  / Retentions despite the fact that you are intending to leave.

If you are switching your phone number, the gaining ISP should contact Talktalk for you, and they should be able to identify the account etc from your landline number. 

There's nothing more that the forum can do for you over the weekend. Staff are on this board most weekdays, daytime only.

I'll move this to the billing section for you. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Can u give me the number I need to call?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

The switch will only work for ADSL / FTTC if you give the NEW provider your landline phone number, @simon1688, and tell them you want to keep it.

All details including the phone number to call and the cancellation process were given in my original reply and link.

Staff will not be back now before Monday. 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

They said couldn't do the switch over as could not find my details with TalkTalk.

0 Likes

simon1688
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 8

I was expecting a call back within 24 hours but didn't receive one. What's the number I need to call?

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 8

Hi @simon1688

Sorry that you are leaving. 

Have you contacted a new provider? 

They will request the service off us for a seamless transfer, if not, your service with us will continue and so will the billing.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

This can't be done via forum staff. 

Though your contract ends 4th October, the service will automatically continue, at full price on a monthly rolling basis.

The billing cycle doesn't usually correspond to the end of contract date, so remains routine.

Talktalk requires 30 days' notice. Check Ts&Cs, as if you are out of contract when you switch, that day counts OK as the cease service date.

But billing is always 30 days ahead, so it takes another month to reflect any days overpaid after the service ceased and if Talktalk owes you any money it needs to be reclaimed by you from My Account using your DD banking details, @simon1688.

Call, rather than using Chat, as Chat requires you to pick up a phone call too. Might as well do this at a time of your choosing.

All details re cancellation processes are in this article:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Cancel-your-TalkTalk-service/ta-p/2204737

03451 720088 closes at 7pm on weekdays, 6pm Saturday, not open Sunday. 

0 Likes