cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Ending service for mother in care

SKS2023
First Timer
Private Message
Message 7 of 7

Hi,

My mother was taken into care following a fall/stroke and losing capacity, Her TalkTalk broadband/phone service is out of contract but is still being charged (direct debit), TalkTalk won't talk to me as I am not the account holder. 

We have applied for deputyship but this will take months (estimated about 6 months) to get in place.   No one is using the service. How can we get the service stopped or raise a complaint on this?

Thanks for any help. 

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

If you get get a medical consent letter sent to us with the form we can get it done ASAP. 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Thanks Arne, 

I'll try and get that form back with the a copy of one of the forms of evidence. Our main issue is that the Court of Protection process for deputyship currently takes months to get a final court order providing authority. But hopefully one of the interim orders or certificates will be sufficient.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Hi SKS2023

Sorry to read about your mum.  

I will send you the power of attorney which will give you the ability to cancel the account. 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

@SKS2023, yes, I've checked that it exists.

Talktalk doesn't have it set up as a specific category, unfortunately, which is probably why the support staff can't get you any further. 

You'd need to have something set up that their system can recognise. 

I'll flag this to staff - if they don't pick it up today, look for their response after the weekend. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 5 of 7

Thanks Gliwmaeden2,

I'll try following the links. 

We didn't have power of attorney prior to the stroke. Deputyship is the process where the Court of Protection grants authority to act on someone's behalf when they have lost capacity to make  decisions on their own behalf.  

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

You would probably have to be more specific as to whether or not it was a fall or a stroke, or both/and @SKS2023, and we do not use the term deputyship on the forum. 

Normally assuming Authority to Act would be sorted within a month.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Power-of-Attorney-Authority-to-Act/ta-p/2205181

An alternative might be:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Nominated-user/ta-p/2205256

One way or another, you need to complete your community forum profile details (regardless of whether you are a customer) and add your mother's name,  address, account number and landline number in Private Notes. That can be found at the end or Personal Information. 

Go via your avatar/name; settings. Save changes. 

There is a link to the Complaints code at the foot of any TT page. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.