cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

FREE FTTP UPGRADE ISN'T FREE.....

jodonut
Participant
Private Message
Message 12 of 12

I've just had my first bill since my 'free upgrade' and it's gone up. 

That's false advertising as the letter I received, and the letter confirming the appointment BOTH said it was free and no extra charge. 

On top of that, I'm STILL waiting for the compensation I was told I would get from the 4k tv box saga... where I was forced to have an engineer attend to confirm the box was faulty. I actually knew more about the box than he did....

Plus no sign as yet of the £25 voucher for having to take time off work so the engineers could fit the 'free' fibre upgrade... 

It's about time TalkTalk stopped treating customers like money pools and showed some honesty in their business practices!! 

JoDonut - Crazy Cat Lady
0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

@jodonut, Arne replied, indicating that the billing aspects should have been resolved:

20231115_193353.jpg

You should find the credited amounts in your Transaction History, so, though billing may appear different, it should be offset by the credited amount. Check in My Account. 

It looks as though it takes 45 days for the voucher to materialise (and it can't be chased up sooner, as it's not "late" till after that). These are never going to turn up while you are in the cooling off period (when you can leave without penalty or change your mind about a contract). Otherwise customers could just keep hopping companies gathering vouchers with no commitment to the contract. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 2 of 12

20231115_190549.jpg

It seems - in the very micro print - that vouchers are sent by a 3rd party, once they are notified the installation is completed. 

Hello@giftcloud.com 

I will be getting onto them next.

Asit stands,though, my FREE UPGRADE is costing me more money on my monthly bill. Previously I was paying £23.95 for Faster Fibre 35, and £5 for the awful 4k TV Box, being £28.95 pcm total. 

As the upgrade was "completely free of charge" my monthly bill should not change. 

I have not agreed to a change in my contract, either....

JoDonut - Crazy Cat Lady
0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

20231115_190540.jpg

JoDonut - Crazy Cat Lady
0 Likes

Message 4 of 12

Any indication of the Ts&Cs in that letter, @jodonut?

It says "terms apply*", but I've known that to lead nowhere in some of their emails! Might be worth checking that out and posting those details too.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

jodonut
Participant
Private Message
Message 5 of 12

The TT letter confirming the installation appointment

16999916817533550995235864875040.jpg

states "So as a thank you for making yourself available, we'll send you a £25 voucher..." 

JoDonut - Crazy Cat Lady
0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

Hi jodonut

Thank you for updating your profile.

Customer services have raised a credit for the difference on this bill,   and a credit was added to you bill in August for the TV issue , there are no notes regarding a voucher when was this promised?

0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

To be fair, it did seem perfectly clear in Arne's original reply:

"Landline Telephone number or account number. (We cant locate your account with the mobile numbers in your profile)"

jodonut
Participant
Private Message
Message 8 of 12

You asked for phone number, which I provided. I will add my account number now since you have clarified.

JoDonut - Crazy Cat Lady
0 Likes

Message 9 of 12

We are an online team and dont call customers, you have posted on the help section in the community I need your account number in your profile to try to help. 

0 Likes

jodonut
Participant
Private Message
Message 10 of 12

Hi Arne, the mobile number on my profile is correct, and my preferred contact method. 

I shall await your call.

JoDonut - Crazy Cat Lady
0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 11 of 12

Hi @jodonut

Thanks for your post

I can look into this but first, can you please update your community profile to include:

Landline Telephone number or account number. (We cant locate your account with the mobile numbers in your profile)

Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Regards

0 Likes