cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Free Echo Dot - I can't claim without a voucher code which hasn't been sent

StuartH1
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 3

I recently signed up to a new contract with the promise of a free Echo Dot. None has been supplied, no voucher or claim code sent. I contacted Customer Services and was told that a 'not received' claim would be raised with Amazon. However, what happened was that I was sent a link to contact Amazon and the link told me "As Amazon despatch all the devices, you'll need to contact Amazon directly "

After spending some time messaging Amazon, they will not help me without the voucher code which I have not received. So, I went back to CS and after an hour managed to 1. get confirmation that I was entitled to an Echo Dot and 2. that a claim for would be raised with Amazon.

However, I have only received another link to the same Amazon page telling me again that "As Amazon despatch all the devices, you'll need to contact Amazon directly "

So, raound in circles, still unresolved and about two hours wasted. It's reached the point where I am ready to give up as it's just not worth the time. This is my last hope. Can anyone help?

My complaint was logged as TalkTalk Case ID: ET-795756

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

HiStuartH1

Have you checked your spam/junkmail folders for an email from Giftcloud? 

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

If it's a very recent new contract it takes a while before any chasing up can be done, @StuartH1.

Depending on the voucher it can be anything from c 42  - 90 days.

Staff will follow up during the week  - they are not on here at weekends. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes