cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

I am trying to leave talktalk and keep getting palmed off on the phone, please help

Hammertime
Wise Owl
Private Message
Message 26 of 26

I am trying my very best to leave talktalk and keep getting palmed off on the phone, please help.

I am trying to leave talktalk and they keep hanging up on me or trying to talk me into offers when I keep telling them I am already with another ISP now etc.

Can you please help me asap, I only have 5 days of my contract left and I'm already with another ISP but talktalk just want to haggle and argue constantly on the phone and they are driving me crazy, I know I am free to leave anytime as talktalk freely admit but talktalk on the phone are being so awkward as per usual, I have been with talktalk a very very long time now and they should treat people who have been very very loyal customers in fact all customers with respect, I'm only trying to leave as is well within my rights, I know I need to give 30 days notice etc but they just don't listen on the phone, please help me.

P.S, I meant to add that I left and went to ZEN FTTP (FULL FIBRE) and Zen digital voice for my phone landline, Zen even told me that talktalk wouldn't allow them to port over my old landline number that I had had all those 15 years or whatever length of time but approx those amount of years, so even though I was free to leave Talktalk they told me (according to Talktalk themselves on phone) they told Zen they wouldn't allow Zen to port over the number I wanted so desperately to keep and Zen had to give me a totally new another number as there was no other option.

I was and am totally disgusted at Talktalk for doing such a thing to me and losing my old number after all these years, but that's for TalkTalk, Zen to argue about, the very least I would expect is an apoligy from talktalk but that's to be seen and/or heard.

I WANT ALL OFFICAL correspondence from talktalk, everything and anything in email or in letter or both to confirm everything as proof, I am done with their nonsense although my time with talktalk 90% of the time was good, but dreadful TELEPHONE customer support though, the worst I have ever came across, I would and could say more but I will draw the line at this at least for now.

Thanks.

TalkTalk Router - on Fibre 65 and Unlimited calls phone boost, and Fixed price plus boost for full 2 year contract Nov 2021 to 8th Nov 2023 which stops ANY PRICE INCREASES for entire contract length.
0 Likes
25 REPLIES 25

Message 1 of 26

We don't have the facility to donate refunds, I've requested it is sent back to your account via BACS, so you will receive a final notification next month with the zero balance bill, that will be the final communication from us. 

Hammertime
Wise Owl
Private Message
Message 2 of 26

Thank you @Arne-TalkTalk and @Gliwmaeden2 , you have both been miles more helpful than the talktalk extremely awkward staff on the phone that let you wait for an hour then hang up and things like that all the time and that was me only trying to lawfully leave without fee's etc, I can see the point of them trying to keep me as a customer once or twice but the first offer they gave me was more than double what I was already paying for the normal FTTC service and after that utter joke of an offer that made my mind up to leave taltalk but what a hell of a time they made it to leave them as I said, they kept sending offers of 25, 50, 100 pounds amazon vouchers and things like that on offer to ask me to stay and the price they offered for the new contract dropper from the eyewatering 54 pounds they asked me for, LOL, to 23 pounds plus 100 pounds in amazon vouchers, I kept telling them I have already left and dont even use their services but they just would not listen and that was the retentions dept and customer services and the lot, in the end I'm pretty sure it was your input from in here that done the job but either way, fingers crossed its all closed down now because if it's not I do have the complaint reference number to contact Ofcom with but I don't want it to go that way as it will drag out but if talktalk wish to go down that road fair enough, I will fight them all the way even though I'm in credit in my account, and for the outstanding credit they can give that to the Salvation Army please. 

So that is how it went, just saying for anyone else trying to leave too.

TalkTalk Router - on Fibre 65 and Unlimited calls phone boost, and Fixed price plus boost for full 2 year contract Nov 2021 to 8th Nov 2023 which stops ANY PRICE INCREASES for entire contract length.

Message 3 of 26

Hi Hammertime

The account is cancelled. 

The notification is to advise, that you have a small credit (76p) left on your account which you can refund via My Account. 

My Account will stay active for the next 12 months. 

Message 4 of 26

The screenshot is too blurry to read the bill, @Hammertime.

You'll need to display the information far more clearly (without displaying personal details) for us to make any sense of it.

If you do get an email requesting any returns, it will be your billing email address that gets it - the accounts department is not directly linked up with the forum, so the email address you use for receiving notifications about this thread etc is not relevant for My Account purposes.

If they don't send an email, stop worrying  - Arne has already said he would put you on the exempt list. And Talktalk no longer seem interested in taking back older equipment (they sometimes seem to struggle to keep up with the pace of processing returns as it is.....!).

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Hammertime
Wise Owl
Private Message
Message 5 of 26

@Arne-TalkTalk  @Gliwmaeden2 , Well as you can see here (in the attached email from talktalk), it looks like my phone and FTTC broadband is now closed down/cut off (I think ?), can you please just double check this for me though in case it's not and they continue to bill me etc ? 

They didn't even mention anything about sending anything back either, so I'm guessing router or tv box I have is way too old now to send  back anyway as they were asked and didn't even seen concerned at all, I think they said if I find any old things lying around I can send that back but not even a mention of sending a bag to do so or anything and I haven't even looked to see if anything is in my attic/loft, it may well have already been sent back like I previously said. 

Taltalk telephone customer services have themselves to blame for people disliking the company so much and that is why it rates so poorly, I had a good connection with taltalk in terms of my FTTC and copper phone line, I was lucky, but lots of people are not so lucky and I know through reading these forums and Trustpilot reviews etc.

If they could have like Zen has (the company I am with now) and that's a fully UK based call centre for sales and tech support then they would have sales through the roof, but they don't and that is what is a massive drawback on talktalk, I know it's easier said than done to do that but I'm only saying what I think the truth is, not my problem now though.

Anyhows, so this is the latest email, what should I do now @Arne-TalkTalk @Gliwmaeden2  ? 

Hammertime_1-1700465622203.png

0 Likes

Message 6 of 26

Correct, if you find any old routers etc just post it back in your own time 

Message 7 of 26

@Arne-TalkTalk , thanks but what does that mean, I am taking a guess that it means I won't need to send anything back but you'll send a bag out just in case, yes ?

0 Likes

Message 8 of 26

We have and exemption list that we can add your account to, to stop any emails about equipment returns i will add your account to it. 

Message 9 of 26

@Arne-TalkTalk , thanks for the info but lets say they do want something (a router), how would I even get to know or would they maybe email me on the account email address which is different from this email address I use in here for this community ? 

Could you let me know please.

And thank's, good idea about sending me a pre paid free postage bag anyway, thanks for that too.

I have got much more help from you guys in here than ANYONE on the phone in talktalk customer services and I mean that 😉 

Message 10 of 26

Hi Hammertime

Leave your direct debit open until you receive your final zero balance bill

The last router we sent looks to have been sent in 2017 we wouldn't have any use for it. 

Ill send a returns bag anyway 

Regards

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 26

Till you get a reply from staff:

1. The advice is always to keep the DD in place until you receive a bill for £0.00, @Hammertime

If TT owe you anything (eg if this is not a complete month of use) that's also the fastest way to claim back any refund. It can take till the NEXT bill to sort everything out. 

It is paid automatically to My Account, not your bank, but the reclaim method uses those same bank details. 

2. Re equipment:

They don't now require the very oldest models back but a list of current items that must be returned is here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Returning-your-TalkTalk-equipment/ta-p/2348381

Arne-talktalk can check for notes on your account from the past. If you have to send anything, I would always keep a certificate of posting to track the items.

Check for the returns bag and label in previous empty boxes. If you can't find one, it's easy enough for Talktalk staff on here to send you one.

This will be back in the queue for attention and so you should hear back early next week. You are allowed 6 weeks to return equipment, so there's not an immediate rush, other than keeping well ahead of Xmas post!

Message 12 of 26

@Arne-TalkTalk , ok thanks, does this mean I can cancel my direct debit on the 15th Nov 2023 then ? Please confirm.

Also @Arne-TalkTalk , can you please check what equipment of theirs I have (IF I HAVE ANY THAT IS) and tell me exactly what item it is  (model number and serial number etc) , a very very long time ago, maybe 10+ years ago I think give or take a couple of years, I defo remember them sending me a router in place of an old broken/faulty one but the router they sent was performing so poorly or it was also faulty too I ended up just buying my own router and used that instead, now, I either returned the router they sent at the time or was told here in the community by a member of staff I didn't have to return it, it was so long ago I honestly cant remember but if I do stiil have something they want then by all means please tell me the model/serial number etc and I will go on the hunt in my big attic/loft where I have a whole load of old random technical electrical stuff stored (mostly junk lol), if I do have something they want it would be up there somewhere, please advise.

Also @Arne-TalkTalk , if I do have an item they require back (see above details), would you please rush me out asap the pre paid postage bag etc to return it in thanks ?

I look forward to your reply next week as I know admin staff don't work in here at weekend, thank's for now.

P.S, @Gliwmaeden2 , could you please make sure Arne see's this message, thank you both 😉

0 Likes

Message 13 of 26

Hi @Hammertime

The cease has now been placed and is due to complete on the 14th.

Message 14 of 26

They are probably treating a successful cancellation as the START of a notice period, @Hammertime

0 Likes

Message 15 of 26

@Arne-TalkTalk , so the 48hrs have came and went now (office hours I mean), what is happening as I'm still getting nowhere here, I even got a complaint reference number from talktalk on the phone and email regarding this so that I can take the complaint to Ofcom, I have the email saved etc, I have been telling talktalk to cut my supply internet and and phone for approx 2 weeks now and nobody is listening, in the complaint email with the reference number they are saying give it 28 days but this is ridiculous considering I have been constantly trying to do everything possible.

I don't even know if the talktalk phoneline and internet is still up and running or what as I have been using Zen as soon as I got it installed like I said at the start etc.

please let me know a.s.a.p, thanks. 😉 

0 Likes

Message 16 of 26

I have found a stuck order which we need to close then the cancellation can be processed. I will update you in 48 hours when hopefully it will be fixed. 

Message 17 of 26

Thank you @Arne-TalkTalk 

0 Likes

Message 18 of 26

Let me investigate what is happening here, there are 2 cancellation requests that have failed. 

Message 19 of 26

No, leave the DD in place until you receive a bill for £0.00, @Hammertime.

And read the Complaints Code very carefully to give you the correct details  - it's not Ofcom that you contact etc. The code is linked at the foot of any TT page. 

Message 20 of 26

@Gliwmaeden2 @Arne-TalkTalk  , should I now cancel my bank direct debit with Talktalk as I don't owe them any money (talktalks phone and internet equipment have been unusable and totally unplugged now since well before I even posted the first message in here about this) and have been free to leave for several weeks now but they just won't listen on the phone to what I am saying or should I just involve Ofcom right now after I get a complaint reference number off of talktalk again by calling them and I can bet they don't give me that ref number before I even try, it would be nice to know if its worthwhile even bothering talking to talktalk on the phone anymore or am I simply wasting my time as they are wasting my time ?

0 Likes