cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Incorrect contract details in My Account

Softy
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 10

In June I negotiated renewal of my contract via Chat to 18 Month Fixed Price Plus Fibre 65 (No mid contract price increases).  I received confirmation via email along with the contract information and summary pdfs which confirms this:

Hello Mr xxxxxxxxxx,

Thanks for getting in touch. Great news. We've made all the changes you asked for.

You are now on a new 18 month contract. Have a look at your full terms and conditions here.

A Fixed Price Plus package means there will be no rise to the price of your broadband service for the duration of the minimum contract period and this will rise in line with inflation each year once this has ended.

Your TalkTalk team

The actual relevant wording in the contract information is:

Once your contract ends, the monthly price for your Fibre 65 broadband plan will increase each year by the rate of inflation (the Consumer Price Index rate, published in January each year). For example, using the average CPI value for the past 3 years of 5.5%, this would mean your monthly price would increase by no more than £2.30.”

Due to a pending free upgrade to Full Fibre with no contract change I checked the contract information in My Account to find that the wording has changed to:

The monthly price for your broadband plan will increase in April each year by the rate of inflation (the

Consumer Price Index rate, published in January each year) plus 3.7%. For example, using the average CPI value for the past 3 years of 5.5%, this would mean your monthly price would increase by no more than £2.30.

Once your contract ends, the monthly price for your Fibre 65 broadband plan will revert to £25 plus the value of any increases applied during your contract at the rate of inflation (the Consumer Price Index rate, published in January each year) plus 3.7%.”

Can someone please confirm that the contract information in My Account is incorrect and change it as necessary, and that I am still on an 18 month Fixed Price Plus contract (with NO price increase) and will remain on this after the Full Fibre upgrade due on the 30 October until the contract ends on 5 December 2024?

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Softy
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 10

O.K. Thanks for looking.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

Im afraid that fixed price plus is not on your account , You will need to speak to loyalty again  03451720088 , they are the only team who can amend this. 

Sorry.

0 Likes

Softy
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 10

O.K. @Arne-TalkTalk  bumping this thread as I am now on full fibre. Installation went smoothly and broadband and Digital Voice seem to be working well, at the moment.

Is there anything you can do about the contract terms being different in My Account from those I agreed to via Chat and confirmed in the email TalkTalk sent on contract renewal?

I will be extremely grateful as I cannot bear the thought of a long session on the phone or on Chat trying to explain the problem.

Many thanks.

0 Likes

Softy
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 10

Thanks Arne will post back after go live.  Just over a week to go and as the install is on a Monday I hope the Hub 2 is ordered well before so it arrives in plenty of time.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Ok, post back when full  fibre goes live and we can look into it. 

0 Likes

Softy
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 10

Thanks @Arne-TalkTalk ,
According to the email and documents sent to me on renewal of my current contract in June it is for 18 Month Fixed Price Plus Fibre 65 and TalkTalk should honour this regardless of what is in MyAccount. Any difference should have nothing to do with the pending free upgrade to Full Fibre. Something similar seems to have happened with member chris45.

I haven't personally ordered the Full Fibre as this is to be a free upgrade with no changes to the current contract. This upgrade has effectively been forced on me by TalkTalk with the only options given to accept, leave or lose my phone and broadband in November.

Since the upgrade will have to be done eventually whichever ISP I use I accepted the terms. I certainly do not want the upgrade cancelled and then re-ordered since I can only guess what will happen. On this point I cannot find any mention in MyAccount of a pending order for Full Fibre 65 with VOIP so I do not know if this is going to happen or if a new router will be sent if it does. The only communication I have on this is a text from OpenReach regarding the install date on the 30 October.

I think I will wait until after the assumed upgrade and see what happens and then argue my point.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Hi Softy

Ive checked your order for Full fibre and there is no mention of fixed price plus, which is still active right now untill the 30th.

You will need to contact the full fibre team who may have to stop the order and place it again. 

Sorry for any inconvenience caused. 

0 Likes

Softy
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 10

Hi Arne,

Confirmed security questions.  Hope you can help.

BTW I am not Softy29 just Softy!

Thanks.

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 9 of 10

Hi @Softy29 

I can help with this I first need to confirm some security questions

I have sent you a PM on the community

Regards