cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Package Upgrade :- Should I be Concerned?

Mike_P
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

I am on an old legacy package (rolling monthly contract from old Pipex days) using SMPF i.e. I pay BT for my line rental and TalkTalk for my broadband.

I decided to upgrade to Fibre65 (FTTC) as it seems these days ADSL/FTTC packages come with line rental included so I'll now only have 1 bill to pay. I've received my 'We're sorry to see you go' letter from BT acknowledging the moving of my phone line to another provider and also just received my TalkTalk WiFi Hub.

The area of concern is when I log on to my TalkTalk account there is a 'Pending Requests' header and underneath it a message about 'progressing my broadband package cancellation, we're sorry you're leaving us, we'd love you to stay, please get in touch to help find you a new plan.' Then there's my estimated cease date and under that a 'Fibre 65' header with a 'Track my order' link that just reloads the same page.

After seeing this a tiny voice in my head has me wondering if come the cease date I'll be left with no broadband, line or phone number and the start of a painful process of straightening it all out if possible. Am I worrying about nothing and is this just standard TalkTalk procedure?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Thanks @Arne-TalkTalk 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 2 of 4

Hi Mike_P

The current service which is Broadband only, will end on the 18th, and the upgrade goes live on the same day so there may be a short time where the service is down while the switch is made. 

Everything is progressing as planned. 

Regards

Divsec
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

Hi @Mike_P always good to worry before the event! The team here will advise, your post has been escalated and you should hear soon. 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes