cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Paying for no internet or slower internet that it should be..no more

Agnes1
Team Player
Private Message
Message 5 of 5

I have had an internet problem since at least the summer holidays last year. It disappear as regular problem. Already been replaced router, cable, something outside the house and the problem returns. I have been a TT customer for many years and I think that is the end of it. Earlier the problem was solved in a few days, with time it gets worse and worse and I have to wait longer. On Friday 17 March I reported the error, it was supposed to be solved in 2-3 working days. Still nothing. The Internet is there for a few minutes and then disappears. I have no information about the repair, the website shows the reported error, without any timeline now. And what, shall I wait another 2-3 working days..again?
No response or update.
Back in October I was also supposed to be reimbursed some money for the lack of internet, it was supposed to be automatically deducted, but nothing. I gave up, I was happy that the Internet was back, until last Friday.
It started that it gradually slowed down, I thought it was temporary until it disappeared completely.
This cannot be the case, I regularly pay for what I get with limited, not guaranteed speed, or no internet access at all. I have enough of this. My contract ends in September. You do not provide me with the service I pay for, you do not honour the contract, so can I count on cancelling the contract at no cost to me, or do I have to stay with TT until the end of the contract as a punishment?
I am preparing an official complaint, this is not acceptable.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi Agnes1

I have asked  the auto compensation team to investigate both instances where you lost the service. 

Once the investigation is complete you will receive an SMS/Email.

Regards

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 5

@Agnes1, your threads will get confusing to follow if you mix the technical stuff up with your enquiry about reimbursement  / compensation  etc.

Keep the technical stuff on the thread that already has staff attention, here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Broadband/Problem-with-internet-again/td-p/2960766#M852635

When staff return after the weekend they'll look into what happened in October regarding compensation. 

Any compensation due this time will take a month to show AFTER resolution. If Talktalk has managed to resolve the issue, you wouldn't have grounds to leave early without paying early termination fees. 

Keep this thread strictly for financial matters.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 3 of 5

I had a call from the engineer today, he was and checked outside our house. He will be back tomorrow and replacing the cable from the house to the pole tomorrow.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

When the internet goes off, what happens to the white light on the router?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes