cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Requested a refund but said i cant till next bill is paid.

RHipwell
First Timer
Private Message
Message 5 of 5

Hi I was wondering if anyone knows what the deal is with getting a refund from Talk talk is. Last Fri I applied for refund via compensation I was given for 7 missed appointments for tech to come. Over 5 mth period. I had to have 7 days off work (x2 I used has holiday). But even so I lost out on work and now my finances are low and I thought I'd apply for an refund 60% of the compensation I was given leaving nearly 5 mths worth of future bills can be paid. Though ithey said I can't apply until the next bill is paid, even though I applied last week and today they happened to respond stating this, the day this mths bill was sent out ironically, Even though I left £127 in my account to cover future bills. When monthly bills are only £29.99. Can anyone help please. And let me know if I'll ever get any lose of earnings bk from Talk talk. Thanks for any advice given 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

RHipwell
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 5

Hi, I've been logged into my account and it's seems to have all be sorted now, it states that they've refunded the amount I asked for, unless the original reply message that was sent was an mistake, though the balance was still the same until yesterday evening when it changed.. either way thank you very much for your help. Very much appreciated.

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 5

Hi RHipwell

Thanks for your post

I can look into this but first, can you please update your community profile to include:

Name

Telephone number or account number.

Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Regards

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

@RHipwell, no you can't get "loss of earnings" back.

The missing engineer appointments award (x 7 @ £29.15) = £204.05, so you must have had an amount also for total loss of service  (@£9.33 per qualifying day) for there still to be £127 left for bills (the remaining 40% after you took out 60%).

It's quite hard to follow from the figures you have given!

However, how it's supposed to work is explained here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/About-your-auto-compensation-credit/ta-p/2326583

For staff to check how it has been applied and the process of your claim through My Account,  please add your Talktalk landline number  / account number in your profile information details. 

Go via your avatar/name; settings; Personal Information. SAVE CHANGES. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes