cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Still billed 4 months after contract cancellation

GeorgeP3009
First Timer
Private Message
Message 8 of 8

I have switched from TT as they didn’t want to give me a better deal as the better ones were “only for new customers”. So I switched on 30th of October to another provider but few days later I was billed for the next month which initially I thought it was the final payment to realise that in about 30 days I got another one. I called the TT team and their excuse was that they hadn’t been informed about the switch and their line still show active to my address and this is my fault for not call them about the switch before. I understood this and tell them I already have paid for last month and I want to end their contract for good. The agent at that time told me she will cancel the latest bill and the contract would end on 31st of December. Before 31st of December I get another bill that looked like a regular bill instead of a contract termination one, but I waited for few days after the New Year and called them again. Here is another lady quite rude that told me to wait 10 days after the contract end and then I should receive the termination notice. Of course that didn’t happened and at the end of January I got, guess what, another bill. In February I decided to chat them as this way I can have proof of  the conversations. Another agent told me that is their fault and I should receive their letter in the next 24h. Obviously that didn’t happen and at the end of February I’ve got another bill. I started another chat and this agent this time told me I should receive a response from them within 30days. I told him this is outrageous and I cannot accept this and he told me he would escalate the complaint and should be resolved within 5 days. Does anyone have any ideas how can I get rid of this charade?

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

The bills will be taken care of as the mistake is at our side. 

Message 2 of 8

As well, after I paid first bill after the switch to TT I cancelled the direct debit so the other 4 bills won’t be paid as I can’t afford to pay 2 bills in the same time for the same service. So recently I am chased by some people from DRS to collect debt on behalf of TT and as well my credit rating is affected by this. I have tried to contact them but they are asking for sensitive personal details just to get in touch with them and I really can’t trust these people, so I was wondering if is a way for TT to inform them that those bills are subject to a complaint and until the complaint is closed to tell them to leave me alone. 
Thank you

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Hi GeorgeP3009

I can see that the request to cancel was made , however the order did not progress correctly,  I have logged this to the relevant team to fix, once completed the account will cancel correctly.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused. 

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 8

@GeorgeP3009, as above, don't display even the old number!

It can be used to identify an account. Please follow my instructions above, as all the details must be in the profile area.

You can insert the account number instead of phone number. SAVE CHANGES. 

Without this, staff cannot investigate. 

Switches to Full Fibre with another company do not yet automatically result in the cancellation of the Talktalk service  - this has yet to be streamlined. Ambitions to achieve this are behind schedule:

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2022/11/broadband-isps-unlikely-to-meet-ofcom-uks-switching-de...

That explains the initial problem, but not why they have persisted with billing you.

Your thread is moving up the queue   - it's best not to post further before getting a response, to keep this progressing in the workflow. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

So no I didn’t take my landline number to my new provider 

0 Likes

Private Message

Message 6 of 8

Landline number used to be  XXXXXX REMOVED FOR SECURITY REASONS but few months before it was cancelled as I switched to full fibre, as they were upgrading the all neighbourhood.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

@GeorgeP3009, if you did not take your landline number with you to your new provider, the first mishap was understandable. 

If you check Talktalk's current guidelines on cancellation, you'll find that they recommend you always call Talktalk as well to make sure. There are so many infrastructure changes these days, the billing teams seem to be struggling to keep up with it all.

But after you chased it up the first time, the rest has been inexcusable. 

Add your Talktalk landline number to your community forum profile details for TT staff to identify your account. 

Don't post any personal information on the forum's public pages. Go via your avatar/name; settings; personal information. SAVE CHANGES. 

Your post is in the queue for attention. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes