cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Unexpected Charge Of £80?

KJS84
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 9

I recently had the full fibre upgrade as like everyone else I'd had an email offering it for free. 

Screenshot_20240108_074529_Google.jpg

However there is now an extra charge of £80 on my bill! £30 for the installation and £50 for a returned box? Firstly the email stated this was free so why the £30 charge and secondly the open reach engineer took my old equipment with him? I've tried speaking to someone on chat about this and they said the charges would be removed, however they are still on my bill and it's due to be paid tomorrow 9/1/24. My bill is over £100 this month and I have no idea how I'm supposed to pay it?! Thanks for nothing TalkTalk 🤷🏻‍♀️

Screenshot_20240108_074802_Chrome.jpg

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 2 of 9

Hi Arne. 

That's fantastic, thank you so much for confirming 😊 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Hi KJS84

I can confirm that the credit has been raised in time to stop the overpayment.

Regards

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

The date of the adjustment says 3rd January and payment is due tomorrow (9th Jan) 

I'm hoping it was done in time and it doesn't get taken as I don't have enough funds in my account to pay £110, that's over £80 extra to what I normally pay and then I'll also occur a bank charge so fingers crossed.

You've been very helpful Gliwmaeden2, thank you. 

Message 5 of 9

It depends how recently the credit was applied, @KJS84

If soon enough to give time before the processing of the Direct Debit, then only the normal amount due will be taken.

If it was just in the past day or so, the full amount is taken this time and the credited amount goes automatically towards future bills (or you can claim it back through My Account if you need it sooner).

So check the date.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

I've just checked my transaction history (didn't even know this was a thing until you said 🤦🏻‍♀️)

Thankfully the £110 is showing as credit so I'm guessing that means I won't have to pay for those extra charges?

Thanks again 😊 

Message 7 of 9

Ok, I shall do that now. 

Thank you 

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 9

@KJS84, look for a credit in "transaction history" in My Account. 

The bill itself cannot be changed (just like a physical paper bill) so any adjustments don't show in the billing cycle till the next one is due.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes