cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

2.4GHz WiFi stopped working

kdmcm
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 13

As of about 3 hours ago, the 2.4GHz portion of your FAST-5634 router has stopped working.

All my 5GHz, and wired connections are fine.

I've made no changes to the router in several weeks.

WiFi is enabled and "Band 1 (2.4GHZ)" is enabled.

I've power-cycled the router.

Can anyone help me debug, please?

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Hi

The router itself should be situated away from other electrical devices, so you would never want to put the router on top of a TV for example.  Try to position the router on a table etc a little away from the wall so the signal can be sent in all directions.  Remember that the signal does have to pass through walls and floors, this is usually not an issue if they are standard plasterboard etc. I did know someone that had a terrible time with wifi as they lived in an old house in wales with walls about 2 feet thick and solid brick.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 13

Is it to do with physical placement of my devices? If I had some visibility of it I could give it preferential "advice"! Tell it which are mobile and which I don't care so much about...

0 Likes

Message 3 of 13

Hi

Optimisation does work for most but there is a learning aspect for some devices and it can take time for this to happen.  This has been turned off in this instance.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 13

If it's best switched off, why is it "on"?

What happened in my case to cause all my devices to disconnect and be unable to reconnect?

I hate that there are hidden features I can't see.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 13

Hi

Optimization is the automatic monitor that will make changes to your wifi to try to improve stability.

You will not see any difference within the router, this is only viewable from here.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 6 of 13

What is "optimisation"? Will I see a bunch of new options when I next login to the router?

0 Likes

Message 7 of 13

Dunno what you did but everything has reconnected. I didn't even reboot yet. What'd you do?

0 Likes

Message 8 of 13

Hi

I'm showing devices connecting to 2.4Ghz wifi now, can you reboot the router and retest your devices.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Message 9 of 13

Apparently I now have, but it's made no apparent difference.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 13

I don't know what that means, but my devices are still unable to connect.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 11 of 13

Hi

I've turned off optimisation to see if this helps 🙂

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 13

Have you had TalkTalk’s Wi-Fi optimisation disabled on your Sagemcom FAST5364 router? When this is enabled, as it is by default, it has the power to override any Wi-Fi configuration changes that I might suggest that you need to make. This will not help rectify this type of problem if Wi-Fi Optimisation is allowed to change my suggested settings. Only TalkTalk can do this for you, you cannot do it yourself. If not, just request they disable this for you in your reply.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes