cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Broadband half guaranteed speed

Sunnyspirals
Team Player
Private Message
Message 42 of 42

I have fibre 35 which has a guaranteed speed of over 30mb/s. We actually get a maximum of 15mb/s. The speed to the router is 15mb/s but we get less than that on wireless gadgets.

I spent a long time on the web chat three days ago running through diagnostic checks. I was told that the speed should increase within 3 days. The speed has not and is still running at less than 15mb/s.

What do I do next to get the speed I should be getting?

85736955-AA25-4369-A8DE-57A98C21102D.png0C70551D-E724-4E9E-8302-AC8EAEFAD642.png

0 Likes
41 REPLIES 41

Sunnyspirals
Team Player
Private Message
Message 21 of 42

The new router arrived today- thank you- but has not made any difference to the speed. We are still getting around 13mbps rather than the guaranteed 30!

I think that an engineer is needed.

0 Likes

Message 22 of 42

Hi Sunnyspirals,

I've sent you a PM

Chris

0 Likes

Message 23 of 42

Hi Sunnyspirals,

I've sent you a PM

Chris

0 Likes

Sunnyspirals
Team Player
Private Message
Message 24 of 42

Got your message and replied.

will I get another message once the engineer is booked?

0 Likes

Message 25 of 42

Hi

I've sent you a PM with some details to complete.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Sunnyspirals
Team Player
Private Message
Message 26 of 42

Yes please

0 Likes

Message 27 of 42

Hi

As the loop fault is still present with no equipment connected, the next option is to progress towards an engineer for you.  Please note however that Openreach will only support the line up to the master socket. If the loop is caused by faulty internal wiring to your extension socket then this would be a chargeable visit.

Would you like to progress to an engineer now ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Sunnyspirals
Team Player
Private Message
Message 28 of 42

Is anybody there?

0 Likes

Sunnyspirals
Team Player
Private Message
Message 29 of 42

Yes, like the non NTE one

0 Likes

Message 30 of 42

Hi,

Thanks for confirming. I've re-run the line test again now and the loop fault is still present. Can I just confirm, does the main socket look like any of the below?

Your guide to main phone sockets

Thanks

0 Likes

Sunnyspirals
Team Player
Private Message
Message 31 of 42

It is unplugged now

0 Likes

Sunnyspirals
Team Player
Private Message
Message 32 of 42

Sorry, just got back in. I will unplug from the socket at midday for half an hour

0 Likes

Message 33 of 42

Hi,

Apologies for the confusion, do you mean that the equipment is removed now or that you will be able to do this later on?

Thanks

0 Likes

Sunnyspirals
Team Player
Private Message
Message 34 of 42

I’m about to go out. I will reply again once I’m home.

0 Likes

Message 35 of 42

Hello,

Ok. Would it be possible to remove the microfilter, router and phone from the line for 30 minutes so we can re-run the line test again with no equipment connected to the line please?

Thanks

0 Likes

Sunnyspirals
Team Player
Private Message
Message 36 of 42

The router is connected to the main socket through a splitter  as the phone line is also connected to the same socket. There is another socket in another room that is not used.

0 Likes

Message 37 of 42

Hi,

Ok thanks for confirming. Is the router connected to the main socket? Do you have any extension sockets?

Thanks

0 Likes

Sunnyspirals
Team Player
Private Message
Message 38 of 42

Thank you for doing that. No, it doesn’t.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 39 of 42

Hello,

I'm sorry for the delay. I've run a test on the line now which has detected a loop fault which can often be caused by internal wiring or equipment connected to the line. Does your main socket have a test socket please?

Thanks

0 Likes

Sunnyspirals
Team Player
Private Message
Message 40 of 42

Thank you. I have updated my details and I hope that someone will get in  touch soon.

I have been to the service centre and run through the checks there and did similar with the chat advisor online.

Rather oddly my Dad, who lives nearby, had a total broadband outage last week. He phoned TalkTalk and spoke to an engineer. They fixed his problem but then also asked what speed he was getting. His speed was much like mine- promised 30+ but only getting 15- and the engineer did something at his end and  Dad’s speed suddenly improved! I feel like the speed is being limited somewhere?

0 Likes