cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Can't create VPN to work from home

tlktlkuser501
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 14 of 14

I set up a VPN to connect to my work network in order to work from home, I was able to get everything set up until I got to the stage to log in to the VPN and it couldn't connect to the work network, I can't ping the work network and receive a response either. A colleague told me he had a similar issue with setting his up, he's a talktalk customer on the same router as I am and was told he had a firmware update pushed to his router and it fixed his issue. I tried to call phone support but was sent generic info more tailored to checking your actual internet works so hoping someone here has an answer.

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

Morning,

I'm glad to hear this and thanks for confirming 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 14

Thanks for the feedback, belated though it is.  🙂

0 Likes

tlktlkuser501
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 3 of 14

Apologies for such a delayed reply but this did resolve my issue should anyone be facing a similar issue

Message 4 of 14

Hi tlktlkuser501

I have checked and I can confirm that the router has the correct firmware version with the VPN fix.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

0 Likes

tlktlkuser501
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 5 of 14

Hi Michelle, I've restarted my router and will check if it worked when I'm home from work but I did reset my router the other day after the firmware update was pushed and didn't seem to have an effect but will update you once I'm home

0 Likes

Message 6 of 14

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. Could you try powering down the router and then try connecting again please.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 7 of 14

Hi Karl, unfortunately doesn't seem to have fixed the issue

0 Likes

Message 8 of 14

Hi

All done now, please give the connection a test.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 14

Hi

Firmware being pushed now.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 14

Hi, sorry for delayed reply but yes that would be perfect thankyou

0 Likes

Message 11 of 14

Hi

got the details here, is it OK to push the firmware now ?  

Should take around 5 minutes.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 12 of 14

Hi Karl, thanks for the quick response, have updated that info

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 13 of 14

Hi

Add your home phone number or account number to your 'Community Profile' and I'll take a look.

Karl

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes