cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Constant drop outs with my broadband

Peter_F
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 84 of 84

Helllo,

This is a re-occuring problem that's gotten so bad it's just a joke. I've have constant drop-outs in broadband connection that happen at leat twice a week for months now (Sometimes lasts for days when I can't get a stable connection and internet is pretty much unusable).

I am getting beyond frustrated and just want a stable connection, is that too much to ask? What the hell do I pay for?! 

Could an OCE please look into this ASAP?

Thanks.

0 Likes
83 REPLIES 83

Message 41 of 84

Morning,

How has the connection/speed been over the last 48hrs?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 42 of 84

Morning,

I'm sorry for the delay. We also ran a line test on the line in our initial post. When everything has been tested then the only option we have is to raise this to an Openreach engineer for further investigation. We'll check back in with you in a few days to see if the connection has remained stable.

Thanks

0 Likes

Peter_F
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 43 of 84

Hi Chris,

I ran a live connection test on the Service Centre page of my TalkTalk account and it has seemed to have worked in fixing my connection drop-out issues. My connection has been stable now for the past 5 hours straight and my download speed is staying at 11.92 Mbps, the fastest its been in a while!

I also received a text saying, "We've tested your broadband line and it looks like it's working as it should be." So it seems that there is nothing wrong with my line. It's kind of strange that this was such an easy fix, and was something you didn't suggest to me or even look into. You just wanted to send out an engineer straight away which probably would have costed me more money because they would have discovered there was nothing wrong with the line. It's a bit out of order really!

Anyway, please could you not send out an engineer as it seems like my connection is fast and stable again, and please could you keep it that way!

Thanks.

0 Likes

Peter_F
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 44 of 84

Hi Chris,

So, I read the Engineer Charges Info and I just want clarify one thing before I confirm an engineer. If the engineer finds no fault, will I still be charged? If so, this just seems like a total scam!

I just really want this problem sorted, so yes please confirm an engineer for me for an AM (8am to 1pm) availability.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 45 of 84

Sorry, I think we are going to need to arrange an engineer visit to investigate

If you'd like us to arrange the engineer visit can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

I've also sent you a PM to confirm some other details

Chris

0 Likes

Peter_F
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 46 of 84

Hi Chris,

Thanks for getting back to me. I would like this issue sorted out asap and to stay sorted. It's been plaguing me for so long it's ridiculous. So yes, please send out an egineer ASAP.

Isn't this something that can be sorted out on your end though? It seems like a constant recurring issue that comes around every few weeks or months and then gets fixed for a while, and then the cycle just repeats, it just feels like you do this on purpose.

I'm worried that an engineer will be called out, they will check my line, say there's nothing wrong (when there obviously is) and we will be back to square one with shitty connection issues.

So, I just want this issue sorted once and for all and to have a decent, reliable broadband connection, something that I should receive anyway being a loyal, longstanding, paying customer of TalkTalk. Is this too much to ask?!!

Thanks,

Peter

0 Likes

Message 47 of 84

Hi Peter,

We can usually get an engineer out within a couple of working days. If you'd like us to book the engineer visit please let us know and we'll confirm some details

Chris

0 Likes

Peter_F
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 48 of 84

Hi Michelle,

I don't have a phone plugged into the phone socket, I only use the phone line to connect to my TalkTalk router so can't find out if there is noise on the line. I can see my download speed has increased to 11.21Mbps but I'm still experiencing drop-outs every 5 mins . I'm literally writing this msg as fast as I can to catch the window to send it before connection drops again!

When could you get an engineer out to check my line?

Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 49 of 84

Hi,

I'm really sorry to hear this. The line test is detecting a possible issue. Is there any noise on your voice service at the moment? I've optimised the connection as requested now. If the connection is still intermittent at the test socket with 2 different routers then the next step will be to arrange an engineer visit to investigate this further.

Thanks

0 Likes

Peter_F
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 50 of 84

Hi Michelle,

So, my connection has started dropping and becoming unstable again over the bank holiday weekend. I'm having drop-outs every 5 mins or so, and my download speed had dropped down to 9 Mbps.

This is getting beyond frustrating, could you please stabilise and optimise my profile?

Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 51 of 84

Hello,

Thanks for the update. We can't lock the profile, however hopefully the stability and speed will now remain consistent.

Thanks

0 Likes

Peter_F
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 52 of 84

Hi Karl,

That seems to have done the trick, my download speed is back up to 11.89 Mbps and the connection seems stable. Please could you keep it like this?

Thanks!

0 Likes

Message 53 of 84

Hi

We can optimise the profile - that is, select that option which will request that DLM set the best optimal profile based on line readings to find a balance between speed and stability.  We are unable to manually set a specific profile or speed.

I've optimised the profile however if this continues to change and the speed or stability continues to fluctuate then we may need to proceed towards an engineer.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Peter_F
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 54 of 84

Hi Chris,

I have been away for the past week but am back now. It seems that my connection has stabilised but my download speed has dropped down to 8 Mbps whereas before I had a speed of 11 Mbps. Could you please increase my download speed to what it was before and keep my connection stable?

Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 55 of 84

Hi Peter_F,

I can see that the connection has been unstable over the weekend but there seems to have been some improvement since yesterday afternoon. Did you notice any improvement yesterday evening?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 56 of 84

Hi `Debbie, I have the same problem as Peter but I am unable to verify my emai address as the verification email never seems to arrive. Please can you help, I've tried several chats online and gotten nowhere. 

Thanks, Ben.

0 Likes

benwayman
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 57 of 84

Hi Peter, I'm having the same problem as you but I can't figure out how to message the TT team. I've tried posting but I get no replies from them.

Can you tell me if I'm missing something here?

Thanks, Ben.

0 Likes

Peter_F
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 58 of 84

Hello,

So my connection is dropping out again, it started late last night and is continuing to do so this morning. I have disconnections every few minutes, it's impossible to get anything done!

I've was sent out a brand new router a couple of months ago and I was getting solid connection until now, please could an OCE look into my profile and stabilise my connection.

Thanks!

0 Likes

Message 59 of 84

Hi Peter

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Peter_F
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 60 of 84

Hi Michelle,

My connection is a little better, but I'm still experiencing drop-outs, but at longer intervals, every half an hour or so. Could you make my profile more stable?

Also, could you send me out a new router to test as suggested by the OCE Debbie earlier on down this thread?

Thanks,

Peter

0 Likes