cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Daily internet dropouts at very specific times.

LiamVxT
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 54 of 54

Hello,

My internet drops out at 13:55 and 19:55 daily for a few seconds. It's not a long time but I work from home and this causes important work calls to cut out etc. if they're at these times.

This happens on all devices, so it is not the device(s) at fault.

This happens to devices both on WiFi and ethernet, so it's not a WiFi/Ethernet issue

The router remains powered on, and the devices remain connected to it

I know the above by running constant ping tests, and each day at the same times for 5 - 6 seconds, the internet drops out.

Chat support have determined there's no problem with the line, the router has been factory reset, but the issue remains.

It seems likely a task/service is running at these times either on the router, or on the ISP's end. I have not been able to get anywhere with the live chat as they want to run constant line tests, which find no problems.

0 Likes
53 REPLIES 53

Message 41 of 54

Staff will follow up after the weekend, @LiamVxT.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

LiamVxT
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 42 of 54

Hi again

Sadly I was mistaken and the issue didn't vanish, it just seemed to change time in which the internet drops. Suspiciously it seems to be about 30 mins later, which was roughly the time my internet was down for whilst I was changing the router over. It drops exactly 6 hours apart, it's currently daily at 7:31:43, 13:31:43 and 19:31:43. I'd likely assume it happens at 01:31:43 too but I'm not on to test at that time.

So, I've ruled out:

Router

Microfilter

RJ45 Cable

Router Power Supply

Ethernet or WiFi Specifically (happens on all/any device regardless of connection type)

Device (Happens on all devices at the same times)

Anything in my house (other devices) causing it. I've literally powered off any internet connectable device such as Smart TV etc.

The only thing that hasn't been changed, and that I cant rule out, is the actual source of internet, before it hits my router.

0 Likes

Message 43 of 54

Hi Liam

Glad to hear the new router has resolved the issue for you.  I'll send a quick survey so you can rate your interaction with our Community.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

LiamVxT
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 44 of 54

New router arrived, I installed it, and have since had no more drop outs

Thank you very much for the help

Message 45 of 54

Hi LiamVxT

Thanks for updating your Community Profile.

I've ordered the replacement router, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks again.

Debbie

LiamVxT
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 46 of 54

Talktalk number added

Message 47 of 54

Hi Liam,

Can you please update your community profile to also include your:

• TalkTalk Telephone number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Michelle

LiamVxT
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 48 of 54

I have updated this now

0 Likes

Message 49 of 54

Hi Liam,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

LiamVxT
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 50 of 54

Sadly I do not have a spare router to test with.

If you could send one that would be good

Message 51 of 54

Morning Liam,

Ok thanks for confirming. Do you have an alternative router that you could test with please to rule this out? If not then we can send a replacement router for testing purposes.

Thanks

Michelle

LiamVxT
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 52 of 54

Hi Michelle,

I do not, I've spent a week or so trying different things each day. Checked all devices in my home and powered them off before the effected times to see if they make a difference, and nothing does.

The only thing that is consistent in the problem is the router, or the connection coming into the router.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 53 of 54

Hi Liam,

I'm sorry to hear this. Do you have any devices in your home set on a timer to come on or off at these exact times?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes