cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Disconnections daily

adrian555155
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 29 of 29

Hi, after one and a half month of no disconnects I've started having issues again. Last time it was due to some phone line fault which you guys have fixed. 

As of 17th May, my Internet disconnected once and I was put on interleaved, ever since its been disconnecting almost daily, sometimes twice a day, I was then recently put on the even more stable profile with higher latency and even slower speeds but it still proceeded to disconnect daily, TT status page said 'your broadband connection could be improved' and said that there was intermittent disconnects taking place. 

Recently tried turning router off for over 30 minutes which didn't help. Then last Friday I connected to a test socket and left it there over the weekend, it's still connected to it, since then there have been no disconnects for two days, and service page says I've got a healthy connection. Dlm still not made my any changes though. 

0 Likes
28 REPLIES 28

adrian555155
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 21 of 29

It is better than it was yes, it disconnected daily beforehand, but of course it disconnected on the same day that I put the faceplate back on, so now I am wondering if it would have disconnected if I had left it with the test filter on.. 

0 Likes

Message 22 of 29

Hi adrian555155

Just to confirm, is the connection as stable with the faceplate re connected?

0 Likes

Message 23 of 29

Hi, I am not at home at the moment, but last night I checked and there were no disconnects for 3 days while connected to the faceplate.

Not sure what to think anymore I am clueless at the cause. Before the disconnection started I was on fast path for over a month without a single Internet drop, and now I'm on extra slow and stable profile but disconnects are still taking place, it just seems they are not taking place daily anymore.

Any ideas? 

0 Likes

Message 24 of 29

Hi adrian555155

Thanks for your reply.

How has the connection been since your last post?

0 Likes

adrian555155
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 25 of 29

Hi, since plugging to the test socket, it has not disconnected for 5 days and 18 hours, which is good considering it was disconnecting daily. So I decided to put the faceplate back on, this was at 6PM on Thursday, after 4 hours at 10PM there was a disconnect again.

0 Likes

Message 26 of 29

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

adrian555155
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 27 of 29

That's what it's looking like at the moment, I'm going to leave it in the test socket for a few more days and see what happens. Hopefully it remains stable and DLM puts me back on a faster profile. If or when it does I will try with the faceplate on and again leave it for a few days. I do hope it was just a short term thing. I will keep you updated in a few days. 

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 28 of 29

Hi

The current sync speed is above expected, and all tests are showing clear. If the connection is dropping but then remains stable when connected to the test socket, this may indicate an issue with the faceplate of the socket.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes