cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Faulty router

Volt55
Team Player
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

Hi, long time TT customer here. I have a Sagemcom FAST router connected to Fibre 35. Speed has been intermittently slow for a couple of days. There are no reported outages in my area. I have tried connecting just a desktop PC and Ethernet cable but speed tests including TalkTalk's own diagnostics give me results varying from 4Mbps to 30Mbps (download). This was running about 20 speed tests over a day or so. The router software shows that it apparently gets 30Mbps, so the fault appears to be within the router.

05 talktalk own test 5down 5up - Copy.png

I have removed all other phone connections and gone straight into my NTE 5C Mk4 socket with a filter (faceplate removed). I have tried another filter too, makes no difference. No phone noise when connected. (I am a computer installation engineer by trade so have done all the relevant tests).

Also, this router has been playing up for quite a few months with these issues:

• Router likes to turn off WiFi for no reason.
  • One Ethernet port is unusable.
  • WiFi range drifts in and out (there are no conflicting channels close by).
  • Regularly locks up and requires rebooting.

Can I get a new router sent out please?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi

post back when the router arrives and is tested and let us know if there is any improvement.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Volt55
Team Player
Private Message
Message 2 of 4

Thank you for the quick reply @Debbie-TalkTalk hopefully that will fix things.

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 4

Hi Volt55

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've ordered you a replacement router, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie