cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Fibre 65 plus - running below 50Mbps download very slow connection

Peshy42
Participant
Private Message
Message 9 of 9

On fibre 65 plus recently noted slower speed on broadband connection consistently below 50Mbps and also wifi signal strength has deteriorated where get one bar connection or no internet in upstairs bedrooms where previously signal strength was fine. I have the latest router from talk talk. Not happy with this especially following recent price hike in April 2023. Can anyone assist. My landline works fine. 

AAP
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi Peshy42

That's great news. If you do experience any further issues then please let us know.

Debbie

0 Likes

Peshy42
Participant
Private Message
Message 2 of 9

Support sent me a Sagecom Wi-Fi extender which seems to have done the trick, get three bars now in bedrooms which only showed one bar previously. Was simple to set up and fingers crossed continues to work. Will update after a week on performance but so far very pleased. Cheers Karl.

AAP

Message 3 of 9

Hi

I've sent you a PM.

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Peshy42
Participant
Private Message
Message 4 of 9

Test results where Wi-Fi signal strength is one/two bars in upstairs room approx 100 feet from router show

download - 15.4mbps

upload - 0 mbps ( test seems stuck again) 

latency - 15.7ms

Note the Wi-Fi performance also consistently drops during evening times from 8pm - mid-night  as well

AAP
0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Hi

a download speed of 57mb is fine for the connection.  Can you try a couple of tests now over wifi at a couple of locations  within the property and see how they compare.

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Peshy42
Participant
Private Message
Message 6 of 9

SamknowsSpeed test results

download - 57.6mbps

upload - 0 mbps (test seems stuck showing in progress for last 10mins)

latency - 18.2 ms

i also checked router internet connection dashboard which shows

download - 65.3mbps

upload - 15.9mbps

i have run these tests at 10am 6 April 2023

Await your reply to these figures

AAP
0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 9

Hi Peshy42

Your line is in sync at 62mb currently.  Can you run a wired speed test at Sam Knows Speedtest  and tell me what speeds you are getting.  This will show what speeds you are receiving at the router.

remember, speeds over wifi can be affected by home environment, other wifi signals or electrical signals around you, so it is important to rum the speed test wired first, so we can gauge the speeds coming into the router. Once we know this, then we can tackle the wifi speed and signal issues.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 8 of 9

Hi @Peshy42,

Do you have any devices connected to the router via Ethernet cable, if so, do they also show lower speeds than you are expecting.

If the speed you mentioned in your post has been obtained by running a broadband speed test, can you check the sync speed of your router, and see how this compares.

The TalkTalk Support Team on this community will be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.

0 Likes