cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Fibre upgrade but no change

Hwalker
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 11 of 11

Hi, I hope someone can help. 

Our internet was upgraded to fibre a couple of weeks ago, which was no issue at all. 

The issue is that the actual service provided doesn’t seem to have improved.. the internet is lagging and freezing as much as it was with the previous type of internet. We are unable to stream/watch a TV show on our fire stick using the internet, and have gone as far as buying a new Amazon fire stick believing that it could not possibly be the new internet. 

I also keep getting messages about upgrading to fibre, so it seems as if we haven’t been upgraded on the system?? 

it would be great if someone could get back to me soon. 

thanks. 

10 REPLIES 10

Hwalker
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 1 of 11

Thank you Michelle! 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 11

Hi,

Ok, if you have the ONT box installed I'd recommend contacting our Future Fibre Team directly. The help guide below has a link to the Live Chat Team at the very bottom.

Your Future Fibre Support Hub

Thanks

0 Likes

Hwalker
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 3 of 11

Ok, the ‘my account’ page says I have a fibre 35 18 month contract but it’s somehow due to end in 6 months. It says ‘null’ on the homepage though. I think we have the ONT unit installed on the wall by the BT people, and the router is plugged into that. 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 11

Hi,

Could you try logging into your My Account as this should confirm which package that you're on. What is your current set up? Do you have an ONT unit installed or just the TalkTalk router?

Thanks

0 Likes

Hwalker
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 5 of 11

Hi, it’s Fibre 35 I think? 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 11

Hi,

Just to confirm, is this a Future Fibre/FTTP package?

Thanks

0 Likes

Hwalker
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 7 of 11

Hi, 

I was told we wouldn’t have a telephone number on the fibre package we’ve swapped to? 

thanks 

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 11

Hello,

Just to confirm, is the telephone number in your Community Profile correct? Please do not post any personal information on the Community.

Thanks

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 9 of 11

Hi @Hwalker,

If you log into 'My Account' what service does it say you are on ?

As @AllyM says, you could also log into your router and check your connection stats, if it shows a line standard / type of ADSL then you are still on your old connection, if it says VDSL you are on fibre.

If you have a landline phone can you call 17070, this will read back the phone number for the line, can you ensure this is the number you expect (i.e. the one shown in My Account).

The TalkTalk staff on this community will be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.

0 Likes

AllyM
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 11

Have you logged into your router to check the connection type and sync speed in the DSL stats?

Hove you done any speed tests?

If the sync speed is good but throughput low, have you tried powering off the router for at least half an hour before switching back on?