cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Firmware Update

SuperflyForever
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 98 of 98

Hello there, I saw after some searching that people were requesting an update pushed to their router. We recently upgrade to Fibre 65 and despite the offer saying we would be provided with a new router, we didn't get one sent. So instead we bought one but it seems that the firmware according to some posts I gleamed through on the forums here that it needs an update.

Over the past few weeks since having the new router, we will have had inconsistent disconnections. It will sometimes happen multiple times in an hour or once every 24 hours. I saw people saying it was some DNS issue, but before I went messing around with that by myself, I was hoping to get some proper support before I go ahead with that.

The current router firmware is #SG4K10002816.

0 Likes
97 REPLIES 97

Message 21 of 98

That would be great. Thank you. The one we have sockets into the wall, embedded in, I assume that doesn't matter.

Message 22 of 98

Hi SuperflyForever

I can send you a replacement microfilter, would you like me to arrange this?

0 Likes

Message 23 of 98

Hello again, sorry. When I wrote to you previously, I forgot to write that I hadn't tried a new microfilter because we didn't have a spare. Was in a bit of a rush while writing that. I apologize.

0 Likes

Message 24 of 98

Morning,

Thanks for confirming. Would it be possible to test with a different microfilter just to rule this out? If this is still happening with 2 different routers and microfilters at the test socket then the next step would be to arrange an engineer visit to the property.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 25 of 98

Hello Debbie. I haven't tried a new microfilter. When the technician was here last year, he replaced it with a new one as the one we had was faulty. We were also sent a new router, which I believe is a 'Sagemcom 5364'.

I'm not sure why the phone ringing and knocking out the internet has happened again, as it's been fine for the past about 7ish months. It doesn't always knock the internet out when the phone rings, but it's still more likely to happen than not.

0 Likes

Message 26 of 98

Hi SuperflyForever

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I've completed 2 different line tests and both are clear - No faults detected.

Have you tested with a different microfilter at the test socket?

Which router are you using? (make and model)

0 Likes

SuperflyForever
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 27 of 98

Hello again. I hate to be an absolute pain again, but for about the past two months or so. The internet has been suffering a similar issue to what used to happen last year. Sometimes when the phone will ring, it knocks out the internet. It used to do this before the technician but a technician did fix it, but I guess it's just come back again. We've tried unplugging phones around the house but it's not had any success. Not sure what the issue is this time, maybe it is something outside like last time.

Thank you.

0 Likes

Message 28 of 98

It's quite alright since it was a whole mess of issues that required lots of different solutions. Take care! Hopefully, you won't be hearing from me again for a while, haha!

0 Likes

Message 29 of 98

Hi,

Ah that's very kind thank you. I'm sorry it wasn't resolved in the first instance for you. Stay safe too 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 30 of 98

Thank you. I'm very thankful for all the help you and your team did to get this issue sorted out. Was a long road with a lot of headaches, but I'm glad that everything was sorted out. Can't thank you all enough. Hope you all stay safe and cool during the heat.

And thank you again, you are all absolute stars.

0 Likes

Message 31 of 98

Hi,

I'm really glad to hear this and thanks confirming 🙂 Please let us know if you need any assistance with anything.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 32 of 98

Hello Michello, It's been pretty much good, yes. Had a weird hiccup the other day where it dropped out for a couple of seconds. But can't say I have noticed any issues like before. So it looks like everything is all good for now.

Thanks!

0 Likes

Message 33 of 98

Morning,

Has the connection been ok since your last post?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 34 of 98

Thank you for doing that!

0 Likes

Message 35 of 98

OK I'll start the upgrade now, please don't switch off your router

0 Likes

Message 36 of 98

Sure, that's totally fine. Thank you.

0 Likes

Message 37 of 98

Hi SuperflyForever,

That's great news. Do you want me to update your firmware now, it can take up to 15 minutes to complete?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 38 of 98

Everything is all good so far, I would like to say it's all fixed now? Also, I've noticed the router's firmware hasn't been updated yet. Would it be okay to ask for you to push the update?

0 Likes

Message 39 of 98

OK, just let us know if you experience any further issues

Chris

0 Likes

Message 40 of 98

Will keep an eye on it for the rest of the week, but I'm (touch wood) pretty hopeful that it's fixed.

0 Likes