cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

IP configuration failure

carolina1
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 46 of 46

Hello I am having problems with my internet. I have switched the router off a few times and reset it and the router has a white light but I keep getting a message saying talktalk disconnected. I have gone onto my laptop and I sent onto command prompt and put in ipconfig/renew and it said media disconnected. I have also troubleshooted window diagnostics but I cannot copy all the report as I do not have my printer connected to my laptop.  To be honest I think there is a problem with the router as it is not connecting to the IP address. I have been onto Talktalk for three days and it has taking a lot of my time and effort and my internet is still not working despite being told that it will be fixed. I work from home and need the internet please. 

I have tested the router and rebooted many times but Talktalk will not listen to me.

Can someone help me to work out what the problem is please

Caroline Moss
0 Likes
45 REPLIES 45

Message 1 of 46

Morning,

I'm really glad to hear that the fault has been resolved and thanks for keeping us updated 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 46

Hi carolina,

I've sent you a PM, could you please reply ASAP so that I can book the Openreach engineer and cancel the TalkTalk engineer

Message 3 of 46

Hello can you book me an openreach engineer for a morning slot as my husband is home until 1 p.m as I am caring for my mum who has had knee replacement surgery. Also can you send the attached file to Open reach so they know the problem please 

Screenshot_20230119-161627.png
Caroline Moss
0 Likes

Message 4 of 46

If you'd like me to book the engineer can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

I've also sent you a PM to confirm some other details

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 5 of 46

Hi Chris can you book an outreach engineer please for morning slot as I think the TT will not be able to help as the problem is outside. I need to get this sorted soon before I have a nervous breakdown 

Caroline Moss
0 Likes

Message 6 of 46

The engineer booked for Monday is one of our engineers, I was suggesting booking an Openreach engineer instead but it's probably as well now to go ahead with the engineer on Monday and if the engineer then decides that an Openreach engineer is required they can book this for you

Chris

0 Likes

Message 7 of 46

Hello an engineer is booked for Monday. The problem is outside as I thought it was. I spent a lot of time and effort on getting the issue resolved. The technical support worker should have detected the issue so that this issue could have been dealt with earlier 

Caroline Moss
0 Likes

Message 8 of 46

Hi carolina1,

We can arrange a visit from an Openreach engineer. if you'd like us to do this please let us know and we'll confirm some details with you

Chris

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 46

Hi @carolina1 

In that case, I need to get TalkTalk back on the case, your router is not even detecting the fibre. Leave it to me, I will get them back dealing with this for you.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 46

Hello there is no white light on the router only amber. There are no ethernet cables connected. I tried to do what you said but I did not get the transfer option. I have taken a picture for you to look at please 

Screenshot_20230119-161627.png
Caroline Moss
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 46

HI @carolina1 

I do have some other simpler things that you could try, but it very much depends on your replies to my previous post. With the:-

ipconfig /all

To copy it, press Ctrl+A to select everything and Ctrl+C to copy it to the clipboard. Open Notepad & paste it in there with Ctrl+V. Then save it. Next connect your phone to the PC via the cable it came with, with most Android versions you will get an alert at the top, one of which will be to do with USB Options. Tap that & change it to "Media Device File Transfer (MT)P" the storage on the phone should now appear on your PC. Copy the Notepad file over to your phone & attach it to your reply.

If there is anything I have not explained clearly, please say so & I will go into it in more detail.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 46

Hi @carolina1 

Which router are you using now, is it the new one?

If so, please can you confirm a couple of things to make sure that the symptoms of the fault remain the same? Please can you answer these few questions:-

1. Is the white light on all the time on the router?
  2. Is the problem affecting all wireless devices or just your PC?
  3. If you have any Ethernet-connected devices do they have no internet access as well (don't worry if you do not have any)?

From your PC, please can you copy & paste the output from the command prompt for me:-

ipconfig /all

Keith

0 Likes

Message 13 of 46
  • I do not know all of what you are asking as I thought I sent you the information from the app you told me about. It is difficult to do on a mobile phone. I do have another router as I disconnected the old one 
Caroline Moss
0 Likes

Message 14 of 46
  • Yes Keith has provided a lot of information but it was too technical for me and to do the checks on a mobile phone 
Caroline Moss
0 Likes

Message 15 of 46

Hi @KeithFrench

Thanks for helping :slightly_smiling_face:

@carolina1  I can see that Keith our Community Star has been helping. Keith provides really great advice on improving wireless performance and provides a lot of helpful advice to our Community members.

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 46

Hi @carolina1 

My offer of help still stands, I have yet to see all of the diagnostic information I need though. 

I can easily understand if you are unwilling to share such information with me, as you don't know who I am. To try & put your mind at rest on that I am sure that @Chris-TalkTalk or one of his colleagues @Debbie-TalkTalk @Michelle-TalkTalk or @Karl-TalkTalk will vouch for me. I do often get directly asked by them to help them out with Wi-Fi issues.

Keith

Message 17 of 46

Hi carolina1,

I can arrange a visit from an Openreach engineer, we can usually get an appointment within a couple of working days. If you would like us to book the engineer please let us know an we'll confirm some details with you

Chris

0 Likes

Message 18 of 46

I received the router yesterday and I set it up and it still does not work.

The phone which is in the master socket works so not sure why the router is not working.

There could be a connection problem as I am now getting an error message saying no DNS server.

To be honest I am really getting fed up of having no internet which I have not had for 11 days now and I have an engineer appointment in 6 days. 

I was on the phone for 45 mins last night with technical support 

Caroline Moss
0 Likes

Message 19 of 46

OK, thanks for letting me know. Please let us know if the router resolves the problem

Chris

0 Likes

Message 20 of 46

Hello Chris

I am afraid my internet is still not working. I have had a complaints manager call me tonight who is giving me a new router 

To be honest I think that the router has had its day 

Caroline Moss
0 Likes