cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Internet connection very intermittent

JamesH77
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 21 of 21

Hi,

Since Friday 4th Oct I’ve had very intermittent internet connection.

I work from home and use Cisco Connect from my laptop,  like others here who are having issues, mine will also not connect.

Webpages in browser will not always load, pressing F5 a few times, will some times make it load,  some times it will load,  but with out css/js etc.

Can this be looked into please.

James

0 Likes
20 REPLIES 20

Message 1 of 21

Hi James,

Great, thank you 🙂

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 21

Hi Karl,

gave the laptop a reboot and fingers crossed, everything seems to be working ok.

sorry should have tried that earlier.

I’ll let you know if it comes back.

Many Thanks

James

0 Likes

Message 3 of 21

Hi Karl

Image attached is the router that got installed when my line was upgraded to fibre.  It’s pretty much the same as the one I had for the copper line.

Thanks

James

IMG_1226.jpeg
0 Likes

Message 4 of 21

Hi

These normally arrive in 1 or 2 days, but your service should have been issued with an EERO router rather than the Sagemcom.  Was one not supplied initially ?

I've requested a manual dispatch of a sagemcom router to you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 21

Hi Karl,

I just remember I still had one from having a copper wire connection.  I’ve connected that up to the fibre line and still have the same issues.

can you run a line test?  I did try it from my profile, but it said due to having both copper and fibre it couldn’t do it.

Thanks

James

0 Likes

Message 6 of 21

Hi,

I guess  that’s the next step.  Can it be shipped to arrive tomorrow?

Thanks

James

0 Likes

Message 7 of 21

Hi

Would you like to try a new router to rule that out ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 21

Using a direct cable has the same issue.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 21

Hi

OK, if you can try direct to the router to rule out a Wi-Fi issue that would be good.  If it is a possible Wi-Fi issue we can swap out the router to see if it is at fault.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 10 of 21

Hi

Connection is over WiFi.  I do have a cable that I can try.

James 

0 Likes

Message 11 of 21

Hi

Router is on V174 firmware.

Are you connecting over Wi-Fi or a direct cable connection to the router ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 12 of 21

Hi Karl

This has not resolved the problem.

Can you confirm that the router is still on the rollbacked firmware version?

Thanks

James

0 Likes

Message 13 of 21

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 14 of 21

Hi,

Both are turned off, I’ll feedback in 30 minutes.

James

0 Likes

Message 15 of 21

Hi

Turn off the router and ONT for 30 minutes to start a new session and see if this helps.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 16 of 21

Hi Karl,

I’m still get intermittent issues, with Cisco and loading websites.

is it worth me turning off the router?

James

IMG_1224.jpegIMG_1225.jpeg
0 Likes

Message 17 of 21

Hi

Firmware rollback completed - can you test the cisco vpn.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 18 of 21

Hi

OK, I'll roll back the firmware now.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

JamesH77
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 19 of 21

Hi Karl,

this has been updated now.

Thanks

James

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 20 of 21

Hi

Can you add your phone number or account number to your 'Community Profile' so I can locate your details.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes