cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Internet drops out between 12am and 1am every single night

RandomDude32
First Timer
Private Message
Message 7 of 7

I moved into my address 6 months ago and decided to pick up my own TalkTalk broadband connection because the one we had at my parents place was really good.

However mine always loses connection between 12am and 1am every night. Literally, every single night between these hours. I thought at first it might be planned maintenance but my family who also has a seperate broadband line doesn't have this issue?

Can anyone help regarding this? It's annoying when I want to watch something while falling asleep or if I'm just staying up late

Thanks

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi Janineous and justdontpanic

Please can you check to see if HomeSafe/KidsSafe has been switched on in My Account?

If you are still experiencing this issue then please can you create a new topic on the Community.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

AllyM
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 7

@Janineous , @justdontpanic ,

Have you checked the HomeSafe, KidSafe, Homework Time settings as suggested above?

If you are still having issues after checking that, then you will each have to start your own topic if you want staff on the forum to provide assistance.

Message 3 of 7

same

0 Likes

Janineous
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 7

Mine keeps doing the same. It just cut off at 12.18am this evening in the middle of me watching a TV show via my firestick. 
It’s appalling service. 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 7

Hi RandomDude32

Apologies for this.

I can see that martswain has already suggested this, please can you log into My Account and check to see if HomeSafe/KidsSafe (homework time) has been switched on?

If this is showing as enabled then this will need to switched off in My Account.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

Go into your HOMESAFE settings and see if HOMEWORK TIME is active for that hour.

Some other customers have advised that is has been mysteriously activated, reasons are so far unknown.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-use-HomeSafe/ta-p/2205196

If, however, you router is actually dropping its connection, then that's a whole different ball game.

0 Likes