cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Issues Connecting to various online Services

Gusto78
Participant
Private Message
Message 7 of 7

Hi there, hopfeully someone can shed some light and help further than Talk Talk "live chat". 

I have come home this weekend and have noticed that i am no longer able to connect to Messenger Calls, Discord Calls, various Live game services accross various devices in the house. All stuff that use to work just this Friday. 

Live chat are adamant theres nothing wrong because i can reach all websites, and there is nothing wrong with my line, but the fact half my internet functionality doens't work tells me otherwise. 

I have restarted my router and OpenReach modem with no difference, devices are up to date and restarted, Kids Safe is not on, no VPN. I have however noticed that my routers interface looks different and on My Talk Talk page it says my router needs a software update. 

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi Gusto78

I'm so glad to hear this.

Your firmware is the latest version. Service Centre should be updated soon to reflect this.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Gusto78
Participant
Private Message
Message 2 of 7

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk yes its been working since we factory reset the router! 

I think its still prompting me that our router needs a software update on my account though, but we are back up and running and everything is connecting as normal. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Hi Gusto78

Has this been working ok since your last post?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 7

That's good, thanks for letting us know.  🙂

Gusto78
Participant
Private Message
Message 5 of 7

Factory resetting the router sorted it, i think the update must of got it all muddled as i had some custom port forwarding and such. 

We have Fibre 150 @ferguson  so its a DSL line to the little Openreach DSL box then from there to the TalkTalk router. 

But yeah. Its back up and running now. 

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

You mention your Openreach modem, which service do you get from TalkTalk?

0 Likes