cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

MY DEVICES in MY CONNECTION

Soloman13
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 91 of 91

Hi there! Can anyone tell me why the devices listed in MY DEVICES  are duplicated over and over.

According to the list I have 20 devices connected to my new sagecom router all working correctly.!!!!!

In fact I only have 11 devices, 2 of which are not on the list.

The other devices are duplicated over and over.

One device appears 4 times and others 2 times. No way for me to amend it and TalkTalk no help.

Any ideas?????

0 Likes
90 REPLIES 90

Message 1 of 91
0 Likes

Message 2 of 91

Thanks Chris, I will be in touch when it goes bad again!

Soloman13

0 Likes

Message 3 of 91

Glad to hear it's working OK (I can't see any disconnections so far today)

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 91

Hi Chris, fingers crossed . Working OK when needed but I have noticed both WiFi Extender and Booster have disconnected (showing red light) at times. Has there been any reconnections showing this morning?

Soloman13

0 Likes

Message 5 of 91

Hi Soloman13,

How has it been, is everything still OK?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 91

Morning,

Ok thanks for confirming. We'll check back in with you at the end of the week just to ensure that everything is still working ok.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 7 of 91

Hi Chris, 

The connection is working normally at present.

I have previously reset the router as you described. Last time was on 24th which was probably the disconnection you noticed.

Soloman13

0 Likes

Message 8 of 91

If it's still slow could you try switching the router off for 30 minutes, then switch back on and retest. If the issues continue we'll probably need to arrange another engineer visit

Chris

0 Likes

Message 9 of 91

Hi Chris,

Friday the 24th was a total washout.

My hard wired PC - The connection was not actually severed but the pages would not load up and eventually timed out saying 'This site cannot be reached'

If you watched this page for a while, the page you wanted suddenly popped up or not!!!!!

I couldn't post because of this problem.

I had problems sending emails with only text going through but no pictures!

I had to send emails with attachments via mobile data before recipient confirmed receipt

On the 25th same issues. Tesco weekly shop - I eventually got onto the Tesco website but as you tried to access products again I got the buffering symbol and 'This site cannot be reached'

It took an age to complete the task.

The computer was switched off until now as it was not worth trying to do anything online with these problems

This morning I have been able to connect to post here but the loading up of pages is just slow! despite a good line speed for me of 12 mbps.

The MY CONNECTION information is still corrupted and of no help.

The connection was stable before the 24th but something has changed!

The Broadband Engineer did mention a potential problem with the last pole before the cable went underground. Was there any reference to this in his report????

Soloman13

0 Likes

Message 10 of 91

Hi Soloman13,

Line test is passing but showing at least one disconnection on the 24th, looks to have been stable before and since. How has it been at your end since your last post?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 11 of 91

Thank you, I am used to struggling through mostly using mobile data. Anything you can do is appreciated!

Soloman13

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 91

I'll re-escalate this for you, @Soloman13, but it's rather bad timing ahead of the Bank Holiday. 

They won't respond before Tuesday now.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 13 of 91

Hi, To whom it may concern,

Despite everything my internet connection dropped again today.

Been off all day and has just come back to life on a router reset.

As always both wired PC and wifi mobile phones unable to connect to any website.

All other devices still turned off.

Another day on mobile data!!!!!

Soloman13

0 Likes

Message 14 of 91

Hello,

Thanks for the update. My colleague here also raised the duplicate devices showing in My Connection to the team.

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 15 of 91

Hi Michelle,

I have spoken to the Escalation Team

The wired PC appears to be working with no problems.

He assures me there is currently no fault with the line despite what MY CONNECTION says.

On his system he can currently see 4 devices which is correct.

He does not know why MY CONNECTION is listing 21 devices including all inactive devices but he will pass the problem over to MY ACCOUNTS team to investigate the corrupted communications.

He will close the current fault down but the system will just raise another one unless something is done.

The only solution would be a faster package but until FTTP is available nothing can be done.

My broadband cannot support the few wifi devices I have. Our 2 mobile phones struggle to connect to the internet even with all other devices turned off and we often have to switch to mobile data.

I will reinstate my other devices to share what line speed is available.

The information in MY CONNECTION is corrupted and of no use to me

Hopefully the service to my PC will hold up!

Soloman13

0 Likes

Message 16 of 91

Hi again,

Can I just check, have you now been contacted by our team?

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 17 of 91

Good morning,

I'll chase the team for an update on this now.

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 18 of 91

Good Morning,

No contact from the Escalation Team.

My wired connection to the PC is looking stable with no problems over the weekend but still MY CONNECTION still shows further work required

However, As previously posted I disconnected all devices just leaving the booster, extender and two mobile phones active.

My DEVICES has listed all the switched off devices as Active and working as expected over the weekend.

This morning MY DEVICES shows 20 devices working as expected with multiple duplications.

What on earth is going on??????????

Soloman13

Message 19 of 91

Morning,

How has your connection been over the weekend? Has our Faults Escalation Team been in contact?

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 20 of 91

Hi Michelle,

For your information, MY CONNECTION tells me that 'our diagnostic tool has picked up on a potential issue but to help us  understand whats going on you'll need to run a more in depth line test'

I have done this several times but no conclusion reached

My Echo is still listed as consuming my upload speed despite being unplugged for more than 24 hours!!

I have removed all WiFi devices except for the Booster, The Extender and both Iphones. The PC is still hard wired to router.

We will see if anything changes over the next couple of days.

Soloman13

0 Likes