cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Mesh WiFi Expansion of F@ST 5364 Modem

nigel3009
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 5

Pretty fed up with the Wi-Fi coverage in my home.  Thinking of creating a MESH Wi Fi system.  I have a Sagemcom F@st 5364-3 T8 Modem which Talk Talk advise is mesh ready - although I do not believe them as I cannot find any reference to Mesh in the user guide.  So, thinking about buying a TP Link Deco system, maybe the X50..  

The question I have is:

1.  Is the Deco X50 compatible with the Sagemcom F@ast 5346-3 ?

2. Integration of the X50 (assuming its compatible) - Turn off Sagemcom Wi-Fi and link Deco to Sagemcom via Ethernet port (white) or Red (WAN) connection ?

3. Power up and follow the TP Link Instructions on their App ?

4. Normally the Deco X50 come in packs of three which I can position at strategic points around the home and each unit will connect to the master that is plugged into the F@ST Modem ?

Understand that the Extender F@ST 266 may be a solution ?

If this is a suitable solution then how do I obtain a F@ST Extender and will it provide coverage for my home 

Thanks

nigel_Rowing Freak
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi

A Wi-Fi Booster is on the way to you.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

Hi Chris

Yes please, this is exceptionally good of Talk Talk.

Look forward to receiving unit and  hoping for much improved Wi-Fi coverage.

Kind Regards

Nigel

nigel_Rowing Freak
0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 5

Hi nigel3009,

I can arrange to send you a wifi boost to test with, to see if it improves wifi coverage. Would you like me to arrange this

Chris

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

Hi @nigel3009 

I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and they will advise you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture and then clicking on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes