cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

No internet in hot weather

Rose66#
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 63 of 63

Hi 

Hope I can get some advice . During every spell of hot weather our internet goes off for the majority of the day 12pm -7pm . This has been happening for 2 years now ! 

we have had several engineers out , replaced router , checked connections- all fine . I’ve checked family safe locks (all off)!

i’m wondering if the box holding the cables into the house is getting the direct sun and heating ? Please can anyone offer any advice ? 

thank you 

0 Likes
62 REPLIES 62

Message 21 of 63

Ok 

0 Likes

Message 22 of 63

TalkTalk cannot proceed with an engineer visit without your agreement to potential charges. If the fault is found to be with the Openreach network then you have nothing to fear. 

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Engineer-charges/ta-p/2207291

Message 23 of 63

I don’t understand why I would need to pay . I will not be paying for any services as previously I have not paid . 

please can an engineer come to sort this issue out . 

many thanks 

0 Likes

Message 24 of 63

Thanks. Could you just confirm that you accept potential engineer charges and we'll book the engineer for you (we'll book Monday afternoon if it's available)

Chris

0 Likes

Message 25 of 63

To say that currently there is no internet . 
please can you check the line . 

0 Likes

Message 26 of 63

Preferably Monday please . 

will this be confirmed in an email ? 

many thanks 

0 Likes

Message 27 of 63

We can usually get next working day so both Monday and Tuesday should be available next week, are you available both days next week?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 28 of 63

Thank you please can in be either a Monday or Tuesday pm please . Please can you advise of date and I will check. 

many thanks 

0 Likes

Message 29 of 63

Hi Rose,

The date that you can be available for the engineer visit (either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday)

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 30 of 63

Which date ? 

0 Likes

Message 31 of 63

Hi @Rose66# 

Please can you provide your availability for this visit AM and PM?

Can you also confirm potential Engineer charges

0 Likes

Message 32 of 63

Yea please 

Message 33 of 63

Hi @Rose66# 

We will need to arrange an Openreach engineer visit if the router has recently been swapped out.

Would you like me to arrange this visit for you?

0 Likes

Message 34 of 63

Internet Back on 7.30pm . Please can you look at the problem . 
many thanks 

0 Likes

Message 35 of 63

The router was replaced last year . However , this is a recurrent problem which only happens in hot weather.  They have tried a new router and the same problem still occurs . 

As you can imagine it’s incredibly frustrating . We have tried switching the router in and waited 20 mins as advised . 

Thank you for your help 

Message 36 of 63

So the router was replaced within the past 4 weeks, when all this started, @Rose66# ?

If it were not so new, @Debbie-TalkTalk would probably hope to first try another one before sending out an engineer, in case the fault is with the equipment.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 37 of 63

We only have 1 router so not sure what this means . 

we have had engineers out (you can see the log) so not sure what to do . We cannot go on like this . 

Please can you arrange for an engineer visit . 

0 Likes

Message 38 of 63

No internet again this afternoon - 4.30pm 

please can you investigate 

0 Likes

Message 39 of 63

Hi Rose66#

The line test is clear - no faults detected.

If you have tested with a different router at the test socket then the next step will be an Openreach engineer visit to the property.

Would you like me to arrange this visit?

0 Likes

Message 40 of 63

Turned the router off at 7pm and internet now back on . 
pls can you check this pattern . It’s a new router .

many thanks 

0 Likes