cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

No service for over 3 weeks

lindsayjdeakin
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 16 of 16

I've had no broadband or landline for over 3 weeks now. I ran a connection test and they said there is a fault on the line from the exchange. I received an engineer update through live chat for work to begin on 24/7/23 to 27/7/23. I did observe openreach working in the location but since then all I keep getting on track my fault is that the fault is still in progress. How long does it take to fix? It's costing us a fortune in buying extra gb from our phone providers. Anyone know how long these things take to be sorted out?

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15

Message 1 of 16

Hi

so glad that everything is now working as it should.  If you need any further assistance, our team are always here for you.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

lindsayjdeakin
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 2 of 16

Hi

Just to let you know my landline is now working again.

Thanks for all your help .

0 Likes

Message 3 of 16

Good morning,

Thanks for the update. If you don't hear anymore in regards to the voice fault over the next 24-48hrs then please let us know and we can check for an update for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

lindsayjdeakin
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 4 of 16

Hi

New router did the trick and got my broadband back up and running. Landline still off but openreach did say it could take a while to fix 

Thanks for all your help.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 16

Morning,

Just checking back in to see how you're getting on?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 6 of 16

You're Welcome 🙂

Regards 

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

lindsayjdeakin
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 7 of 16

Thankyou so much 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 16

Hi

A router has been ordered and is on the way.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

lindsayjdeakin
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 9 of 16

Hi

Openreach have just been working outside my property and asked if they could come inside to have a look at my equipment. They said the transformer to my router has blown and I will need a new router. Can I get a new router sent out please? 

There's still a fault with the landline but they said that might take a while to fix but I should get broadband back with a new router.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 16

Hi

Just to add, we have checked with Openreach, this fault has now been manually progressed and assigned to an engineer.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 11 of 16

Hi,

I understand and I'm really sorry that this fault has been ongoing for a while. I've included a Help Guide below on our Auto Compensation policy which has some more information.

About your auto compensation credit - TalkTalk Help & Support

Thanks

0 Likes

lindsayjdeakin
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 12 of 16

I appreciate that faults happen and it's upto openreach to fix the fault but I've just received an email this morning with my latest Talk Talk bill for £32. Why am I paying a bill when I've had no service for almost all of the billing period? 

I don't think it's very fair to be charging people for zero service.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 16

Hello,

No problem. I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing a fault with your service. I can see that the fault was linked to an outage and is currently under investigation with Openreach who are working to resolve the fault as soon as possible. We will continue to keep checking for updates on this fault for you and will post back as soon as we receive an additional update. 

Thanks

0 Likes

lindsayjdeakin
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 14 of 16

I've updated the information, sorry it's my first time here, I'm still trying to work it all out 🤣

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 15 of 16

Good morning,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

0 Likes