cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Not getting guaranteed speed.

redjack
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 18 of 18

Good afternoon.

I think there maybe an issue with my router.

The wifi has become poor, the router disconnects often and the my speed is 6mbps.

I have done the tests as per website but issues remain and the connection is extremely unreliable.

Please can someone assist.

Many thanks 

0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17

Message 1 of 18

That's great news redjack, thanks for letting me know 🙂

Chris

0 Likes

redjack
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 2 of 18

Hi Chris,

The Openreach engineer came early yesterday and located the fault externally to my home.

This he rectified in a very professional and safe manner. He explained the issue concisely and I am pleased to say our broadband is back to full functionality.

I would like to thank yourself and Jack (Openreach Engineer) for the excellent service you have provided and for dealing with my fault in a timely understanding manner.

Many thanks! 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 18

OK, I've booked the appointment for tomorrow morning - November 28 2023, AM  - please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

redjack
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 4 of 18

Hi Chris,

Earliest as possible please, i work from home, which is proving difficult due to this issue, so I am about.

Thanks, I await confirmation. 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 18

Thanks for answering the security question. The line test is picking up a potential fault close to customer premises. Yes it will be an Openreach engineer. Are you available every day this week? Do you just want me to book the earliest AM appointment available?

Chris

0 Likes

redjack
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 6 of 18

Hi,

As you have said you have recognised a fault externally I understand the potential charges.

Should this not then be directed to Openreach?

Morning is preferred.

My number confirmed in private message link you sent.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 7 of 18

If you'd like us to arrange an engineer visit can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.
  • Confirm your mobile number

I've also sent you a PM to confirm some other details

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

redjack
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 8 of 18

Morning, 

It needs to be resolved so please action an engineer to rectify this external fault.

Many thanks

0 Likes

Message 9 of 18

Hi redjack,

The next step will be to arrange an engineer visit, if you'd like us to do this please let us know and we'll confirm some details with you

Chris

0 Likes

Message 10 of 18

Hi,

New router installed but no difference made to our speed.

Please escualte this to investigated further in relation to your observations of "Tests are showing a possible impairment in a copper joint, and also a loop fault near the premises."

Many thanks

0 Likes

Message 11 of 18

Hi

No Problem 🙂

Router should arrive in a day or two, connect up and let me know if anything changes.

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

redjack
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 12 of 18

Hi,

Meant to say, have checked home phone but no crackle at present, though we no longer use the home phone.

Thanks for the router I will swap it as soon as recieved.

Nothing at our home has changed but I understand that there are road works in the area that started on Monday.

Look forward to testing with new router...

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 13 of 18

Hi

the current sync speed is 6mb, the estimated speed or your line is around 32mb, so something is wrong.

Tests are showing a possible impairment in a copper joint, and also a loop fault near the premises.

If you can check the home phone nd see if there is any noise or crackling on the line, that can help identify the line is at fault.

I've a router on the way to you so that can be ruled out. 

If tests still fail with a new router, preferably connected at the 'Test Socket' , then an engineer will be required.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 18

Then this sounds like the problem detected by @Karl-TalkTalk. I'll leave you in his more than capable hands.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

redjack
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 15 of 18

Hi,

1/. TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub - version SG4K100174

2/. Flashing Amber/White

3/. Not connectivity both wired and wireless when this occurs.

Tests via talk talk website make no mention of any fault.

Thanks.

.SpeedSpeed

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 16 of 18

Hi

Just to add, Tests are showing a possible issue on your line, and a possible loop fault. 

Any issues with the home phone ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 18

Please can you elaborate by answering these few questions:-

1. What make/model of router do you have (if this is a TalkTalk router, these details will be on a label on the rear or underside of it)?
2. What is the exact status of the lights on the front of the router when this happens?
3. If you have any wired connections, are they affected in the same way as wireless ones?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?