cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Persistent and recurrent internet outages since joining

M_stringer33
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 23 of 23

Since joining TalkTalk in September 2023, we have encountered recurrent and disruptive internet outages, some lasting hours. Most of the time, I call TalkTalk technical support to report this and in an attempt to get back online. Each time, we spend up to an hour "diagnosing" the issue - sometimes our connection is restored before the end of the call, but often it isn't. I'm starting to think this is more down to chance than anything the technical department is doing, since I haven't been able to report the past four outages (since 14/01/24), and the connection has eventually been spontaneously restored.

The last time I spoke with Technical Support, on 13/01/24, following yet another drop in service, I was told the connection would be monitored, and I requested a call back with complaints, but as yet I have heard nothing from TalkTalk.

We have established that there is no issue with the EERO. When we suffer these outages, we find that the broadband light and service light are off on the black box on the wall (Power and Ethernet are still green), although sometimes the broadband light does flash orange, which seems to throw technical support every time as they repeatedly ask me to confirm the status of my lights.

Often, I am told that this is an issue with City Fibre, and they need to raise it with them, and someone might need to come out. Since I first started reporting the issues, I've been having to TalkTalk; no one has yet been out. I have tried speaking with City Fibre direct; however, they advised they were unable to talk to me, and any request must come via TalkTalk.

As someone who frequently works from home, a stable internet connection is crucial for my job. The consistent interruptions during meetings and the subsequent inability to log back in for hours are not only disruptive but also impacting my work performance. This often requires me to make up lost hours in my personal time, which is unacceptable.

TalkTalk's promise of a "faster, more reliable connection" has unfortunately become a source of irony among my family and friends, given the ongoing issues we've faced. If this situation persists, I may have no choice but to consider canceling my contract and returning to our previous service provider, where such problems were nonexistent.

I urge you to address these issues promptly and effectively to restore the service for which I am paying. I appreciate your attention to this matter and hope for a resolution soon.

Kind regards,

Mark
0 Likes
22 REPLIES 22

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 21 of 23

Hi M_stringer33

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I've escalated this to our Faults Team to investigate and I will post back as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 22 of 23

I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?