cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Persistent and recurrent internet outages since joining

M_stringer33
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 23 of 23

Since joining TalkTalk in September 2023, we have encountered recurrent and disruptive internet outages, some lasting hours. Most of the time, I call TalkTalk technical support to report this and in an attempt to get back online. Each time, we spend up to an hour "diagnosing" the issue - sometimes our connection is restored before the end of the call, but often it isn't. I'm starting to think this is more down to chance than anything the technical department is doing, since I haven't been able to report the past four outages (since 14/01/24), and the connection has eventually been spontaneously restored.

The last time I spoke with Technical Support, on 13/01/24, following yet another drop in service, I was told the connection would be monitored, and I requested a call back with complaints, but as yet I have heard nothing from TalkTalk.

We have established that there is no issue with the EERO. When we suffer these outages, we find that the broadband light and service light are off on the black box on the wall (Power and Ethernet are still green), although sometimes the broadband light does flash orange, which seems to throw technical support every time as they repeatedly ask me to confirm the status of my lights.

Often, I am told that this is an issue with City Fibre, and they need to raise it with them, and someone might need to come out. Since I first started reporting the issues, I've been having to TalkTalk; no one has yet been out. I have tried speaking with City Fibre direct; however, they advised they were unable to talk to me, and any request must come via TalkTalk.

As someone who frequently works from home, a stable internet connection is crucial for my job. The consistent interruptions during meetings and the subsequent inability to log back in for hours are not only disruptive but also impacting my work performance. This often requires me to make up lost hours in my personal time, which is unacceptable.

TalkTalk's promise of a "faster, more reliable connection" has unfortunately become a source of irony among my family and friends, given the ongoing issues we've faced. If this situation persists, I may have no choice but to consider canceling my contract and returning to our previous service provider, where such problems were nonexistent.

I urge you to address these issues promptly and effectively to restore the service for which I am paying. I appreciate your attention to this matter and hope for a resolution soon.

Kind regards,

Mark
0 Likes
22 REPLIES 22

Message 1 of 23

Hi Mark

Just checking in to make everything is still working ok?

0 Likes

Message 2 of 23

Hi Mark

Thanks for your reply.

City Fibre did advise that they completed a further investigation but could not see any drops in connection over the last 6 days.

They also said if the connection does drop again then they want us to send out replacement equipment (router etc) to test with.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 23

Morning Debbie, I did get their message yes thanks, however I was at work all day and unable to answer my phone. 

I've not noted any drops in the past week.

Thanks,

Mark 

Mark

Message 4 of 23

Hi Mark

Our Faults Team have been trying to contact you, have you received their messages?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 23

Hi Mark

I've chased for another update this morning and I should hopefully have additional updates today.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 6 of 23

Hi Mark

We are still chasing for updates on this fault, I'm sorry for the delays.

I will let you know as soon as the team come back to me.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 7 of 23

Hi Mark

The team have advised that they are in contact with City Fibre to escalate this issue. This may need another engineer visit but they will let me know as soon as City Fibre come back to them.

Thanks again.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 23

Hi Mark

I've chased for an update and I should hear back today. I will post back here as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 9 of 23

Hi Debbie,

Any update?

Thanks,

Mark

Mark
0 Likes

Message 10 of 23

Hi Mark

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Let me speak to the team and come straight back to you.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 11 of 23

Hi Debbie,

After a period of stable connection over the weekend I’ve since lost service twice this evening. This is most frustrating as the complaints team contacted me this afternoon to close out the issue as they said there was no more to be done. 
What can I do next, this issues been on going for months. 
Thanks,
Mark

Mark
0 Likes

Message 12 of 23

Hi Mark

That's great news 🙂

If you do experience any further issues then please let us know.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 13 of 23

Morning,

The connections appears to have been stable over the weekend with no drop outs as far as I am aware. Fingers crossed it continues. 

Thanks,

Mark 

Mark

Message 14 of 23

Morning Mark,

How has your connection been over the weekend?

Thanks

Michelle 🙂

Message 15 of 23

Hi Mark

I'm so glad to hear this 🙂

My colleague said they will check in again with you after the weekend to make sure everything is still working ok.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 16 of 23

Hi Debbie,

So far, so good thanks.

Mark 

Mark

Message 17 of 23

Morning Mark

My colleague has told me that this fault should now be resolved but you are going to monitor over the weekend to make sure it is fully resolved.

How's the connection been?

0 Likes

Message 18 of 23

Hi Mark

I'm so glad to hear this.

I will also keep monitoring for additional updates from the team.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 19 of 23

Morning Debbie,

Someone from the Higher Technical Department contacted me yesterday following escalation of the issues I've been having. Fingers crossed.

Kind regards,

Mark 

Mark

Message 20 of 23

Hi M_stringer33

Can I just check, did my colleague from our Faults Team make contact with you yesterday?

0 Likes