cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Really poor speed and Rubbish Customer Service

Mylie
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 56 of 56

I've had slow speed for over two years and cannot get  this resolved.

All TT want to do is blame home wiring or connections and charge me £75 if this is the case.

[I was previously a Shell BB customer and forced back to TT when the service was sold on]they did send an BT engineer and he confirmed a network fault in the area, but this has never been rectified.

TT say they don't guarantee any speeds, even if the speed is nowhere near the 65mbps Im paying for.As you can see below my service is rubbish yet I'm forced to stay with TT until my contract expires in January 2025 when they will charge me even more for not delivering a service!

Mylie_0-1723464833968.png

I've spent hours on the phone and via live chat [there's generally an understanding/language issue]. I simply want the service and speed somewhere close to what I'm paying for or leave TT without penalty, any suggestions welcome!

55 REPLIES 55

Message 41 of 56

Morning,

I'm really sorry to hear this. I've re-run the line test now which has detected a potential fault towards the property. Can I just confirm, is the router currently connected to the test socket at the moment please?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Mylie
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 42 of 56

Hi Gliwmaeden2

Many thanks for that info.

On the new router I couldn't even send this reply as internet was  continuly dropping out😠

I've now reinstalled the original router, still have very poor speeds but at least I have a connection. 

Message 43 of 56

There are no staff on the forum at weekends, @Mylie.

They will follow up on Monday. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Mylie
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 44 of 56

Hi

Further to my post stating that new router made no difference, I need to correct that.

Since connection of the  new router the internet is regularly dropping out, five times in the last hour!

This cannot continue, I'm paying for a service that simply fails to meet any predicted minimum speeds and now I lose service every 10 min or so and its unusable , can someone from the support team please sort out this never ending nightmare???

My only option in the interim is to reconnect the original router, unless I can be assured that the drop out issue will be rectified in the next 24 hours.

0 Likes

Mylie
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 45 of 56

Hi

NewTalkTalk  router arrived and connected, so far it has made no difference!

New TalkTalk router

Mylie_0-1723893299068.jpeg

Old Zyxel router

Mylie_1-1723893410788.jpeg

0 Likes

Mylie
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 46 of 56

Mylie_0-1723646767558.png

0 Likes

Message 47 of 56

Hi

There is no charge for the router.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Mylie
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 48 of 56
Hi Karl 

Thank you for your email.
Can you please confirm this is at zero cost or penalty to me?
Regards 
0 Likes

Message 49 of 56

Hi

A new router is on the way for testing.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Mylie
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 50 of 56

Hi

Yes still some noise with just the phone plugged in directly. Below is my router and yes happy to try another router if its at no cost or penalty  to me.

CurrentCurrent

0 Likes

Message 51 of 56

Morning,

Just to confirm, is the noise still present with only the phone at the test socket with all other equipment removed from the line? Would you like us to send a replacement router for testing purposes to see how the connection compares and to rule this out?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Mylie
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 52 of 56

Hi

Yes there's some noise on the service, but i only use the landline for a few incoming calls.

I've tried removing the filter on both phone and broadband,and plugged in directly to the telephone socket, even tried new filter and no difference.The router was updated within the last year and again no difference to speed of service.

No i do not have a spare router to try!

0 Likes

Message 53 of 56

Good morning,

Thank you. I've run a test on the line now which hasn't detected a fault, however I can see that your sync speed is varying and the connection looks very unstable. Is there any noise on the voice service? Does your main socket have a test socket? Do you also have an alternative router that you could test with please?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Mylie
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 54 of 56

Details updated 

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 55 of 56

Hello,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes